Network Security Analyst -20000PYG
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
This position is for 24x7 Cloud Network Operations Team. You will be a member of the team responsible for network and security Incident/Change/Capacity/Quality management for supporting the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Classic (OCI-C) Network.
Role and Experience
- 2 to 7 years experience supporting network and network security technologies, especially Juniper Netscreen and SRX Firewalls, F5 Load balancers, Cisco (Nexus and Catalyst) and Juniper routers and switches and Mcafee proxy.
- In depth knowledge of routing, switching, firewall, load balancer and DDoS mitigation. Experience in operations role which include monitoring, troubleshooting, proactive measurement for network and security environment capacity issues.
- Ability to configure and Troubleshoot Switches (Cisco), Firewall (Juniper) and load balancer (F5 LTM). "Hands-on" networking experience in a global production environment.
- Incident management covering and identifying actionable incidents using monitoring system. Resolving network issues with advance troubleshooting and coordination with onsite support teams and vendors.
- Processing Network Change Management requests from server and apps/dba teams as per established change management policy.
- Capability to work with other team members in outage calls, coordination with management and SMEs, provide RCA/CA.
- Cisco and Juniper certifications desired. Additional Preferred.
- Experience with complex ticketing and incident/request tracking systems.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Strong technical knowledge of client/server and Internet concepts and techniques.
- Preference for individual having cloud experience with Internet routing and support.
- Preference for individual with experience in scripting and network automation - Python, Puppet, Ansible.
- Highly motivated and self-starter. Strong oral and written technical and interpersonal communication skills including sensitivity to user community and the importance of maintaining a positive vendor relationship.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As part of the Network Services team within Oracle's Global Information Technology organization, you will be responsible for the delivery of IT services to Oracle's businesses worldwide, these services include the management and delivery of network infrastructure.
Maintain records of equipment failure and liaise with engineers and suppliers as necessary. Escalate client problems according to established procedures. Manage the network using network management tools, analyze network performance and recommend network enhancements. Analyze network performance to ensure adequate bandwidth for business needs. Recommend enhancements to the network infrastructure, and with management agreement enhance proactive network management tool set. Troubleshoot network problems on the campus network, remote locations and country wide area network though to resolution. Perform Project Engineering including specification definition, design of solution in compliance with corporate standards, implementation, testing through to production. Respond to monitor alarms to identify the root cause of an outage and coordinate the corrective action in a timely fashion. Provide on-call support services as needed and provide assistance to others.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years relevant work experience and degree/diploma in computer science or IT discipline.
Regular Employee Hire