- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field.
- 8+ years of professional experience in Risk Management other similar risk consulting or internal control functions (e.g. audit, compliance, etc.) in a financial services, audit/consulting, e-commerce, retail or online services company.
- Extensive risk management experience which includes management of risks across business and technology processes and applications.
- Project Management experience (implement continuous process improvement initiatives, conduct post mortem, risk analysis, agile and lean methodologies).
- Excellent communication (written, oral, presenting) skills with attention to detail.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and work under pressure on a number of projects/initiatives at the same time.
- Strong analytical skills, data driven with experience in establishing and tracking program metrics.
- Track record of working in an ambiguous environment and ability to define processes that can scale.
- Adept at working with different systems and making recommendations on improvements for both systems and processes.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is looking for a passionate, innovative Senior Program Manager to drive risk & compliance programs that spans over the entire business. FBA is globally a highly visible and strategic initiative within Amazon. The FBA team partners with Amazon fulfillment centers to create a seamless experience for sellers to leverage our world-class facilities around Ordering, Fulfilment, Transportation and Customer Service. Enabling seller success allows us to provide Amazon customers with unparalleled selection and pricing. FBA is a win for sellers and a win for customers.
This is an opportunity for you to advance your leadership skills and work with stakeholder spanning the entire organization from Legal, Government Relations (GR), Public Relations (PR), Tax, Finance and Sales. The Senior Program Manager will lead programs in the area of Tax and Legal compliance.
The scope of the role includes the following areas:Program Management:
- Drive implementation of key applicable regulations and govt. notification across seller function.
- Own compliance of Amazon marketplace business by working closely with Tax, Legal, GR and business teams.
- Act as single-threaded owner of ensuring compliance requirements are implemented by establishing project plans, defining owners and milestones, reporting status to senior management and driving towards launch approval.
- Working collaboratively and transparently with leadership, legal and tech teams, to ensure alignment between business and compliance priorities.
- Raise the seller experience bar by optimizing risk-based controls and removing unnecessary friction.
- Perform competitive benchmarking to ensure Amazon compliance programs exceed industry standards.
- Proactively identify key risks to the existing business and opportunities for process enhancement and improvement.
- Design and deliver compliance programs including defining supplier audit criteria, audit cadence, and risk rankings.
- Support tax, legal & GR teams on making representations before Govt. of India.
- Possess excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Manage multiple medium to large initiatives related to compliance in the FBA team working with multiple stakeholders across Finance, Tax, Legal, Sales & BD, PR & GR
- Proactively identify the existing process gaps and come up with programs/processes to bridge these gaps
- Come up with innovative programs on areas where the business is blocked due to regulatory issues and scale them with stakeholders
- Develop key metrics and performance indicators to measure overall compliance performance of the organization.
- Manage seller escalations pertaining to compliance.
Vendor Management/Product Management
Industry Specific Knowledge:
- Work with Product teams to implement compliance requirements.
- Vendor management of 3rd party service providers to support business expansion plans, strategic cross functional CX improvement initiatives.
- Have general knowledge of e-commerce, industry standards, regulations, and the current business trends.
- MBA or similar advanced degree.
- Experience with risk management, compliance or similar product initiatives preferred.
- Working experience or knowledge in tax compliance (TDS, TCS, etc.).
- Experience analyzing business problems using data.
- Auditing and/or compliance skills (e.g., SOX, SOC, etc.).