- 3 plus years of relevant experience assisting at the leadership level in a fast-paced environment or equivalent
- 5 plus years of relevant experience being an executive assistant
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Visio and PowerPoint
The RBS group in Chennai is an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information. The team’s primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will be instrumental in the success and motivation of this highly energetic group. Successful candidate will demonstrate a proven record of accomplishment for taking initiative and working independently to deliver results that exceed expectations. This fast-paced team requires someone who looks around corners to plan on behalf of the organization. Ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, both verbally and written, possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the total picture. You will be required to work closely with the Site Leadership team and other Office Coordinators within the organization. You will also manage office administration with support from facilities, IT and transportation. Understanding basic company organization, working relationships, and business partner roles and responsibilities is important.
Based in Chennai, responsibilities for this position include the ability to think and plan ahead, delegate responsibilities appropriately, and manage time effectively.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Management of calendar and scheduling
- Track and help drive completion of key program deliverables for the staff and follow up on outstanding items
- Organize, execute, and assist with team activities (staff meeting agendas, all-hands meetings, off-sites, and team social events)
- Act as a liaison for direct reports
- Work closely with the leadership team, recruiting and other Office Coordinators to provide support to the organization
- Office administration, including moves and reconfigurations
- Manage domestic and international travel as needed
- Manage travel and agenda of leaders visiting India sites
- Have fun at work and encourage the team do the same
- Excellent organization, planning, time management and problem-solving
- Highly motivated, organized and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment; flexible
- Positive, proactive and able to consistently exercise great judgment
- Ability to handle administrative details independently, while keeping team members adequately informed
- Ability to prioritize and react with appropriate levels of urgency to multiple situations, requests and events that require quick response or turnaround
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and dealing with professionals inside and outside the company
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and team-oriented philosophy