Chapter Leader - Player Coach (API Development)
The Client Solutions Technology chapter area within Personal Investing organization is looking for an energetic leader who is hands on with digital technologies and has a passion for coaching and developing people. You will be part of a highly dynamic team that builds and supports a wide array of best-in-class products. Our engineering team is innovative, diverse, passionate and self-driven.
The Purpose of Your Role
You will play a dual role:
1) A hands-on technology lead in a squad, thus using your experience to maximize performance of the squad 2) Coaching a team of chapter members, who will be embedded in squad(s) but will be reporting into you.
The Expertise (We’re Looking For)
- 5+ years of experience leading, coaching, and developing people and teams.
- 8+ years of development experience (currently hands on) in Java, Spring MVC / Spring Core / Web Services (SOAP/REST) and configuring web containers.
- 4+ years of years of web development experience (one or more of these: JSP, Jquery, Backbone, Angular, NodeJS, Jasmine, Protractor).
- 2+ years of Responsive & Progressive Web Application (PWA) development.
- Hands on with IDE’s Spring Tool Suite and Eclipse - within UNIX and Windows environments.
- 4+ years of experience leading complex technology initiatives, architecting best engineering solutions, and being in the trenches with the software engineers every day.
- 4+ years of experience working in agile development environment.
- 2+ years of experience in Test Driven Development
- Passion for software engineering, automation, and must have a DevOps mindset.
- Fully hands on with application build-and-deploy using Continuous Integration/ Deployment (CI/CD) tools like Jenkins, Maven, uDeploy.
- Good understanding of cloud-computing/ cloud services platforms (e.g. AWS or azure).
- Strong leadership skills: you must be passionate about engineering excellence, empowerment of individuals/team, innovation, collaboration and must be someone who’s eager to learn and teach every day.
- Proven in data-driven approach to decision making, both in day-to-day management and in making strategic trade-offs.
- Working in a squad to realize its mission – advancing the work of the squad based on the items in the backlog and priorities set by the squad leader.
- Enforcing existing engineering practices and setting new ones as and when needed.
- Sharing technology expertise with squad members and working cross-functionally to help squad execute on the priorities successfully.
- Actively helping in creating and maintaining the culture within the chapter based on Fidelity and agile leadership behaviors.
- Continuously developing & maintaining best-in-class chapter expertise and talent in order to support the squads & tribes with the right level of knowledge and skills.
- Overseeing the performance of chapter members, providing feedback and coaching.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise within and outside of the chapter - ensuring the “how” of the work performed by chapter members is aligned with established road maps and guardrails.
- Identifying talent needs throughout the organization working with tribe leader(s), squad leaders, and leaders in the chapter area.
- Identifying and fulfilling training and hiring needs to help the squads and tribes deliver their goals.
- Collaborating with other chapter leads to ensure a common vision & proactive communication, both, horizontally and vertically.
- Discussing chapter development progress and opportunities with the chapter area leader.
The Value You Deliver
- Being able to advance the work of the squad by engaging hands-on in day-to-day execution.
- Bring passion to your work to inspire and motivate your team.
- Embody Fidelity’s leadership principles and multiplier behaviors.
- Coach chapter members to improve their performance, knowledge and expertise.
- Collaborate to achieve the best results for PI & Fidelity.
- Help create culture of learning, empowerment, and transparency.
- Bring a data-driven & collaborative approach to decision making, both in day-to-day management and in making strategic trade-offs.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The Client Solutions Technology chapter area provides development and support of the platforms and capabilities for Wealth Management and Digital Planning & Advice business domains. Being a leader in this team, you will have a direct and positive impact on Fidelity’s customers.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Education LevelBachelor's Degree (±16 years)
FMR India Business UnitTechnology Services
Job Posting DateJan 23, 2020, 7:23:24 AM