ASEAN & South Asia-India-Bangalore
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
To provide leadership, direction and oversight of the FM Operations teams that manage our business reference data driving the global Financial Markets business and supporting functions. Data assets under this team’s management include market data, instruments, portfolios and platform reference data such as currency pairs. Direct management of 30 FTE across multiple locations, with a mandate to evolve the function to provide high quality data and associated services to the FM business.
- Drive the FMO Data strategy for the business reference data function across market, instrument, product, portfolio, and other platform reference data assets
- Define and lead the target operating model changes for the function, defining and driving the overall strategy for the global processes, controls and technology solutions within the function
- Drive the alignment of the FMO data strategy with the technology change deliverables including leveraging innovative solutions to increase quality of data consumed by FMO from external and internal sources
- As a key FMO stakeholder to the FM investment agenda, collaborate with FM stakeholders regarding the data strategy in order to secure ongoing support for the business process and technology changes required to deliver high standard of data quality and controls across FM and FMO
- Appraise industry data management strategies and approaches to ensure industry alignment, best practices and innovative solutions are being utilized within the function.
- Responsible for the day to day FMO data BAU processes and controls, setting a high standard of controls to ensure data quality meets data consumer requirements.
- Data assets under management include instrument, portfolio, market and platform reference data
- As a primary data producer and data controller within FM, proactively identify data quality control issues, define, establish and deliver through to conclusion actionable plans to achieve a high standard of data quality controls across all reference data elements under the function’s remit
- Responsible for ensuring the team’s processes adhere to enterprise data policies, frameworks and standards.
People and Talent:
- Define, implement and then oversee best-in-class risk management practices including daily monitoring and management of data quality
- Define FMO Data team key messages through NFRC and other relevant committees to establish a base of cross-functional support for the key messages and risk ratings as appropriate
- Define and evolve data controls reporting and key metrics for stakeholders as required
- Promote a culture of risk awareness regarding data assets within the FMO Data teams, taking accountability for controls remediation where this is required
- Responsible for leading interaction with stakeholders on internal audits within the function, Compliance Assurance Reviews and other reviews as they arise.
- Drive Operational Risk control framework assessments/updates for data processes and associated control gap remediation, in partnership with other dependent functions as required
- De-risk change activity impacting the team through active management of the change portfolio with Technology and other project stakeholders, holding the project teams to account on delivery.
- Build and lead a data team that is skilled, motivated and enabled to deliver and maintain a high-quality data processing and controls environment. Team is predominantly based in India (Chennai and Bangalore), with staff also in KL and Singapore.
- Foster and maintain a culture of control awareness within the teams
- Drive collaboration between all FMO Data teams across Singapore, KL, Chennai, Bangalore, London and New York to ensure alignment in operating standards and objectives
- Work with Product Owners within FMO Data Management to develop the vision and strategies necessary to successfully face off to data consumers and technology teams, to deliver high quality tools into the function
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Product COOs; Product Operational Risk; FM Compliance; Technology; Regional/Country COOs; Regional/Country Compliance; Regional/Country FMO; Market Risk
- As a senior member of the global FMO Data Management team, represent the function in a credible, informed and professional manner with all stakeholders to the spectrum of FM Operations processes
- Ensure connectedness to the Risk/Control community within FM Operations and ITO, ensuring stakeholders are aware of key risks, issues and action plans
- Lead the interaction with senior in-country stakeholders to ensure alignment on key data management priorities, control framework standards and visibility over pipeline change impacting data quality in the countries and regions.
- Ensure all stakeholders to Data Management change activities are actively managed, informed and influenced as appropriate to maximize success of projects and de-risk delivery
- Extensive knowledge of Data Management processes within an FM operations environment
- Extensive knowledge of FM products and markets, the regulatory framework and associated operational processes
- Proven ability to define and implement industry best practice operational processes & controls
- Able to define and drive complex change agenda across multiple processes, locations and stakeholder groups and establish a base of support from senior leaders within the FM business.
- Some knowledge of market risk fundamentals is desirable
- Demonstrable experience of building strong, multi-faceted teams in multiple locations
- Strong organizational skills, ability to develop and manage projects and define reporting/MI
- High quality written English communication
- Networked across industry and able to leverage this to implement industry best practice into SCB
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.