Public Sector Business Development Capture Manager
AISPL - Delhi
- 8-12 years of business development, marketing, pursuit or consulting experience in the technology industry
- Extensive background in IT and or commercial / public sector pursuit management to identify, shape and lead competitive procurement
- Must have a good understanding of public sector procurement and contract mechanisms
- Exposure to complex deal management
- Strong gravitas to engage with senior officials, customers, and influencers to drive change
- Excellent communicator who can quickly earn the respect of the team and customers
- Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
- Must have the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English
As a Business Development Capture / Pursuit Manager within the public sector team of Amazon Internet Services Private Limited (AISPL), you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS cloud services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3 etc) in India. Your responsibilities will include building the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to impact new AISPL business in India, and drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business relationships for AISPL in India.
At AISPL, you will work in close collaboration with the public policy teams to develop a long-term cloud environment in the country, our business development teams to develop a pipeline of strategic opportunities to pursue and win, and with our partner teams to scale adoption.
The ideal candidate will possess prior capture, pursuit, consulting or business development experience. The candidate will possess understanding of cloud adoption trends and challenges in the public sector in India. She / he must be able to develop a trusted partnership with senior customer and influencer stakeholders in order to shape the long-term cloud procurement environment and buying behaviours of public sector customers in India. The candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively with technical leaders, software developers, architects and business leaders. The candidate must know government & public sector procurement guidelines, have experience with government RFx compliance requirements, have an ability to understand and navigate government contracting vehicles / procedures, and be a thought leader with respect to building cloud computing and procurement awareness, and program pursuits in India for AISPL.
He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work across multiple functional teams to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Work with public sector customers and Business Development teams at AISPL to influence mindshare for strategic opportunities in Central and State governments, healthcare, education, and not for profit organisations
2. Develop and implement plans to enhance the probability of winning handpicked strategic opportunities and pursue to win
3. Support new business development by generating pipeline of strategic opportunities
4. Develop opportunity strategies, win strategies, proactively determine shaping activities and implement them.
5. Support partner strategy, pricing, determine compliance to legal terms and conditions, and orchestrate RFx (RFIs, RFPs, Tenders, market surveys etc.) responses for AISPL.
6. Identify common blockers across opportunities and address them programmatically
7. Work with the broader in-country industry advisors / consultants, industry bodies and others that influence procurement environment in India to shape and develop it in the longer term.
8. Work with the AISPL field and partner teams, along with engineering teams, to close strategic business at a rapid rate across the public sector in India.
- MBA or equivalent degree
- Deep public sector experience, especially in government