Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. (ISS) is the world’s leading provider of corporate governance and responsible investment (RI) solutions for asset owners, asset managers, hedge funds, and asset service providers. ISS’ solutions include: objective governance research and recommendations; RI data, analytics, and research; end-to-end proxy voting and distribution solutions; turnkey securities class-action claims management; and reliable global governance data and modeling tools.
Please visit www.issgovernance.com
ISS has more than 30-year history of working with institutional investors globally makes it the most experienced governance advisor in the sector enabling the financial community to manage governance risk for the benefit of shareholders.
ISS is headquartered in US and is a global leader in Corporate Governance and Responsible Investment solutions for Financial community. We are a global multinational company into Financial Services domain (with focus on Governance) with more than 2000+ employees spread across 33 offices in 13 countries. Mumbai is our core technology office (established in 2011) and we have 260+ employees currently and growing very fast with multiple data and research teams being established now.
Please visit our careers site https://www.issgovernance.com/join-the-iss-team/
Position - Junior Data Analyst (ESG Data)
ISS ESG offers expertise across a full range of environmental, social and governance (ESG)
issues – having worked with leading asset owners and asset managers to develop
solutions to integrate Responsible Investment (RI) into the creation of long term value
based on market understanding and expert analysis.
- Completing basic and advanced desk research and analysis on companies’ management
of environmental and social risks and compliance with international norms on
responsible business conduct
- Learning about environmental, social and governance trends and issues and ability to
acquire specific knowledge about the dominant issues for a number of industries.
- Attend to internal/client queries and requests to ensure data captured is aligned with
data methodology and policy guidelines
- Comply with established work process standards to ensure quality of data collected
- Meet pre-determined turn-around goals for work assignments
- Escalate data interpretation issues, as needed
- Perform root-cause analysis if data issues are identified
- Update internal documents for performance metrics monitoring
- Participate in working committees/ projects and/or tasks aside from his/her core responsibilities
- Maintain appropriate paper and electronic files as required by ISS and client file retention policies
Mumbai Candidates only.
Experience - 0 to 1 year.
- Education - M Sc (Environmental or Social Sciences)
M. Tech. (Environment Sci)
M Sc (Solid Waste Management)
- Experience in data collection and analysis, or knowledge in ESG and business research
would be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in using MS Office.
- Excellent English communication (both oral and written) and reading comprehension
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with clear attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines.
- Fast learner, able to master new concepts, theories, ideas and processes with ease.
- Willingness to work beyond traditional working hours/days as required by the business.