Position Purpose & Summary:
FP&A Lead role is the critical leadership role (a member of GEOS India Leadership team), co-pilot for GEOS India Managing Director. FP&A Lead drives and influences business decisions, business strategy and facilitates business outcomes including measurements and delivery of committed returns. Enable product line leaders to make strategic decisions, build business scenarios, next moves, evaluate alternative investment options through Portfolio management process, drives Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process to anticipate short term (24 months) financial performance.
GEOS India is a business under GEOS Global group. The business has a significant presence in India in edible oils and flour business through its leading edible oil brands. GEOS India business is a consumer-focused business with a significant size of B2B and risk management.
GEOS India has a gross investment of more than $200 million, about $700 million of sales and delivers $15-$20mio annum EBIDTA. FP&A Lead role is a member of the GEOS India leadership team and a critical role, focused on value creation and preservation for GEOS India. FP&A Lead is a key member in designing the business strategy and play s a key role of custodian of the strategic choice framework. FP&A Lead focuses on the top line growth of the business, by:
1) Top line growth support:
Custodian of the strategic choice framework – How and where to play. Be a key partner to support business leaders in executing GEOS India strategy as part of GEOS Global 2025 Strategy which is to achieve EBITDA of $45mio by 2025. Work with business managers in designing and measuring the functional KPI’s aligned with business strategy. Lead IBP Financial review process and lead project management review process (PMO). Create and support the system of assessment of current and future business results, early identification of new opportunities and new threats for business, including a key role in M&A projects; Provide key financial analysis in strategic pricing project. Optimization of cost and production efficiency: GEOS India is B2C business and the business environment is very competitive. This role plays a key role in identifying opportunities for cost optimization and enabling the business to continuously invest in marketing/brand building and distribution network to drive the profitable business growth in achieving FY2025 strategy
2) Value preservation through the right cooperation with A&F teams and getting all necessary and timely information from them to make the right decisions.
This critical role will be the finance interface for the business. Therefore the instances of this job should align with our business structures within/across enterprises. These roles will have breadth across businesses and operate across countries (regional or sub-regional) depending on the business grouping. Some will be global to align with GEOS global group. Building strong relationships within the function and business including leadership teams will be critical for value creation opportunities. Relates to others with candour, openness, and transparency; Approaches work with a global perspective; Builds trust across multiple stakeholder groups
Financial Planning & Analysis:
- Advises and provides financial leadership to the GEOS India.
- Acts as a leadership team member of GEOS India.
- Finance leader in IBP process, accountable for financial reconciliation for the IBP process and transforming decisions made into the financial impact
- Custodian of the strategic choice framework – How and where to play
- Newmarket entry, market opportunity analysis, business model evolution and related divestiture or alliance analysis.
- Compare business processes and performance metrics to industry best practices - direct or indirect competitors. Develop plans on how to make improvements or adapt specific best practices, usually with the aim of increasing performance. Benchmarking may be a one-off event, and/or continuous process to continually seek to improve their practices.
- Other business analysis includes Customer segmentation, customer satisfaction, customer turnover/retention, customer preferences, customer loyalty drivers, strategic/key customer analysis, sales pipeline analysis, customer mix effect, and Financing.
- Finance leader for PMO process for GEOS India, responsible for projects financial valuation and modelling, waterfalls, scenario planning, portfolio reconciliation and analysis versus strategy, incorporation of GEOS India portfolio into GEOS group portfolio;
- Capital allocation, apply project valuation to prioritize capital allocation decisions for strategic alignment, organizational alignment and risk analysis. Develop business case capturing key financial measures and perform value tracking, define baseline metrics and improvement targets, business accountability and benefit realization plan.
- Leads Business Performance Reviews for GEOS India in line with GEOS India and GEOS Group requirements, focusing on Month, YTD and Plan for the current FY, as well as detailed analysis by Category, Heatmaps dashboards and Detailed analysis of BOSC costs and SG&A. Provides MIDS and A&F team with clear expectations to be able to provide data for those reviews.
- A key player in future ACI deployment for GEOS India makes sure that ACI benefits are well understood across the business, ACI goals are achieved, by helping to prioritise ACI activities and resource them properly in partnership with India MD
- Supports GEOS group and GEOS India with new business activities and issues resolution, business transactions, tax and customs issues, monitoring the performance of the newly acquired business etc. and liaising with legal and other cross-functional departments as necessary.
- Participate in business customer solution teams with a focus on offering financial solutions to customers – actively works with Strategic pricing implementation in India and with Strategic pricing team, ensures that all assumptions are based on actual correct data;
- Deliver clear presentations including defending positions on controversial topics, adapt style to continuously seek ‘win-win’ solutions.
- Communicates as an official spokesperson for the function within the GEOS India and enterprise in a variety of settings.
Business Partnership and Leveraging of Resources
Choose and Develop Talent:
- Provide broad knowledge of and connect with right relationships with COE partners for areas such as Tax, Treasury, Risk Management, Controls, etc.
- Partners closely with GEOS India leadership team and Extended LT to play an active role in enhancing connectivity and communication.
- Able to drive the behaviour, results or agenda needed for the business. Has a point of view and communicates it effectively thus influencing colleagues by supporting them, challenging them, providing a unique perspective and delivering value.
- Partner closely and leverage the Accounting and Finance teams for key information points including historical reporting and data collection. May include activities related to cost accounting, margin reporting, analysis of data and management reports, activity-based costing or cost allocation to products and customers, management reports generation, etc.
- Identify, develop and coach direct reports to ensure a high performing team. Capable of initiating change, empowering the team and driving results. Ensures the right mix of talent, balanced in possessing and growing FP&A skills.
- Identify talent and champion development opportunities reflective of the business needs, succession plans and growth objectives
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s/Master Degree in Finance or other Business related degree (CA/MBA).
- Minimum of 10-15 years of relevant experience. Sufficient experience of leading high professional team
- English Proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to develop long term strategic plans
- Ability to integrate and interpret disparate sources of data using a broad range of analytical data tools. Incorporates the use of statistical methodology and predictive modelling techniques. Design, develop and implement value-added business analytics.
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen. Able to understand the business (products/services, customers, processes) and their key drivers of success (how they make money, what the business costs are).
- Demonstrates a high degree of curiosity. Invest time and energy into learning. Seeks different points of view and perspectives (internal and external).
- Develops a strategic perspective by creating effective business plans
- Relates to others with candour, openness, and transparency
- Approaches work with a global perspective
- Builds trust across multiple stakeholder groups
- Experience and success in motivating teams for high performance
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to partner and engage with centres of expertise (like Tax, CFR, Audit, Controls, HR, IT)
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong leadership, team building, and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of talent development
Other relevant information to the position:
- Master’s Degree in Business or Finance
- Commercial or marketing experience
- Experience in similar FMCG company is preferred
Place in the Organization:
- This role is an excellent opportunity to gain strong business, financial, and leadership skills.
- This position will be working with senior leaders across the GEOS group and FIBI Enterprise.
- Can leverage this experience to also perform commercial roles
Internal / External Contacts:
- Role reports to - FP&A Director - Global GEOS
- Administratively reports to - MD, GEOS India
- The position has 3 FP & A Analysts reporting to this role
- GEOS India leadership (Sales, Operations, Commercial etc.) • Creating value opportunities to help achieve Cargill results goals
- GEOS Group Regional FP&A Leads • Deep individual accountability without direct oversight of resources. Manage to outcomes.
- Customers/ external point of view • Strategic and systems thinking across multiple business areas driving for best decisions. (Able to see largest opportunity and guide and influence leaders)
- Enterprise Finance leads • Lead team and also act independently.
- Regional/India Finance and Accounting organization
- Finance COE and SME’s
- Corp FPA
Magnitude / Scope:
- Creating value opportunities to help achieve Cargill results goals
- Deep individual accountability without direct oversight of resources. Manage to outcomes.
- Strategic and systems thinking across multiple business areas driving for best decisions. (Able to see largest opportunity and guide and influence leaders)
- Lead team and also act independently
Gross Investment- USD 210 million
Revenue - USD 700 million
Maturity, the stability of Bus environment, industry, market - Growing and emerging markets. Business is under pressure to deliver stable profitability and achieve >100% EBIDTA growth by 2020
Business strategy degree of change- B2C model which is very unique in Cargill and requires special FPA skill set
Direct Report FP&A Finance Employee Headcount - 3
Primary Location India-HR-Gurgaon
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job