JOB PURPOSE (Briefly describe the objectives of the job):
The role requires a highly motivated domain expert/data scientist to develop and apply cutting-edge data analytics, visualization, machine and deep learning methods.
This role requires knowledge of handling voluminous (~Gigabytes) Chemical and Biological Data for Intelligence-Driven Drug Discovery.
- Ability to apply learning techniques on chemical and biological data such as Biological assays, DMPK, Toxicity and Chemical Structures
- Work with the Development Team to implement data modelling strategies and workflows
- Responsible for providing advanced data analytics expertise to the group
- Understand and implement computational project plans
- Writing research papers, reports, reviews and summaries
- Responsible for client interactions and contribute to the achievement of revenue target as per Business Plan.
- Responsible for databases development and maintenance strategy
- Responsible for database administration, access control, integrity and data archival for clients related projects
- Comply with all Syngene’s Policies, including Data Integrity, Departmental SOPs, Employees Health and Safety Sustainability, Quality Assurance and Project Management
- MS/PhD in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Computational Biology
TECHNICAL /FUNCTIONAL SKILL:
- PhD - 2-5 Years
- MS - 8-9 Years
- Ideal candidate can be from an IT Industry having worked in Pharma/Healthcare domains.
- Proven expertise in defining and validating computational approaches to generate hypotheses using multivariate, Bayesian, machine and deep learning approaches
- Expertise in the use of R, Python or Perl for complex data analysis
- Programming and web application programming will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of database design, creation and management
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in leading and managing a project team
- Ability to work in a dynamic multidisciplinary environment
- Very Good Communication Skills
- Should be good at stakeholder management
- Should possess strong collaboration skills to work smoothly cross-functionally
- Should be flexible to manage the stretched timelines/ discussions/calls/meetings etc.
- Contribute to planning and building computational infrastructure in collaboration with the internal stakeholders and IT Department.