Colt provides network, voice and data centre services to thousands of businesses around the world, allowing them to focus on delivering their business goals instead of the underlying infrastructure.
Consultant- Business Analysis and Process Management
The role holder will lead the Business and process Analysis work-streams for the Voice related projects and programs in line with Colt’s Service Excellence strategy, contributing to the colt strategic program, The role holder advocates and effects change by influencing decision makers and persuading operational people to adopt different working practices. He/she deploys effective business improvement approaches tools and techniques. He/she aligns Business requirements with business strategy in a delivery role. Responsible for the content and process / system / business design and business interaction/alignment of the overall programme.
- Manage requirements.
- Analyse stakeholders
- Model complex business processes- As is and to Be in process repository
- Underpin the requirements & design with by requesting / performing in depth & ad-hoc
analytical analysis for existing business performance using the data analysis function. Use
these to prioritize requirements and predict outcomes.
- Build risk control matrix where possible
- Build Data Models
- Facilitate Customer experience workshops and develop Customer journeys
- Understand the rationale for analysis approach and contribute to deciding the agreed
- Investigate business problems and opportunities using root cause analysis
- Assess impact of change request
- Contribute to management of benefits throughout the change lifecycle
- Facilitates scoping and business priority-setting for business initiatives
- Promote best practice principles
- Work within Agile or Waterfall delivery methodology
- Understand structure, contents and rationale of the business case
- Understand basic principles of business finance
- Deliver presentation to operations and tactical management
- Communicate persuasively (written and verbal)
- Apply problem solving techniques
- Facilitate small groups (workshops and meetings)
- Build relationship with stakeholders
- Ensure adherence to project or programme scope
- Demonstrate Leadership potential by challenging/influencing stakeholders
- Take proactive actions with minimal supervision
- Coaching peers with less experience or skills
Key performance indicators (financial and non-financial)
Identifying, draft and gain sign offs of all the business requirements
Identify the change in the operating model and communicate and present it to the stakeholders proactively.
Identifying the corrective actions to avoid reoccurrence of similar faults.
Document As- is and to Be processes in process tools.
Relationships and key contacts
Interface with service Delivery
Interface with service Assurance
Interface with Product management team
Interface with Novitas core project team
Interface with Engineering
Interface with IT Architects
Role specific requirements
Skills & Experience
Track record of successful Business Analysis and process improvement work (can be operational optimizations in a Team-leader or Managers Role) in both waterfall and AGILE project deliveries
Capability to gather, validate and understand a wide variety of detailed information yet remain focused on the ‘big picture’
Ideally good understanding of existing organisation, key stakeholders and existing processes
Flexible approach and an ability to operate effectively with uncertainty and change; operates effectively in a geographically spread organisation
Sound knowledge of Internal Colt applications, systems and tools and experience in driving service improvement and delivery capability within an operationally focused environment
Ability to manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies
Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations that require sound decision making and may involve confidential or sensitive matters
Has experience at applying personal knowledge to support Service Delivery functions
Strong communication and interface skills to other functional areas.
Engineering Graduate in IT or Electronics
Graduate /Diploma in IT or Electronics
Example Behaviours :
Be aware of colt information security, business continuity, quality and other ISO or equivalent policies/ industry standards and discharge duties against them as appropriate.
Identify risks related to process and information security and treat/ mitigate the same as appropriate
Reason for change
V2 – 15th of Nov 2016
Security info added
V3-12th of March 2018
Change of Reviewer and Authoriser
What we offer:
Colt is a growing business that is investing in its people. We offer skill development, learning pathways and accreditation to help our people perform at their best, regardless of role and location.
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
- Pension and insurance options
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring
- Discounts with local hospitality and retail providers