October 01, 2013
New Delhi (South Delhi)
Master’s degree in Business Administration (with a focus on Business, Organizational Development, Human Resources, or Finance) or Masters degree in Humanities/Social Sciences/Social Work from tier one college with impressive grades.
The review of application materials will begin on or after December 15th, 2012 and continue until the position is filled. Interested individuals should submit a cover letter indicating how the applicant meets the requirements listed in the position announcement, a current resume, and names and contact information for a minimum of 3 professional references.
The person should have a deep understanding of Indian Culture and governance, the complex social issues that face modern day India, with a good historical perspective. Proven track record of successful social research and fund raising activities, public relations, volunteer coordination, donor relations and organizational development functions. The role will require some travel in order to work with and forge partnerships with organizations working in similar areas.
The ideal candidate will possess superior communication skills and a strong understanding of the role of development in a non-profit organization. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess:
- MBA or Masters in Humanities/Social Sciences/Social Work from tier one college with impressive grades
- The ability to clearly articulate the mission, vision and goals of a social service agency
- Ability to analyze complex problems, and visualize operational and program implications in a variety of situations, experience in research and data analysis
- A high level of integrity, energy, initiative, and creativity
- Experience in community outreach programs and previous work with similar non-profit organizations
- Has strong interpersonal and organizational skills with a proven ability to troubleshoot and work in a team and to lead a team.
- Has the ability to make fast decisions and to work in a self-driven fast paced environment.
- Willingness to work also in evenings and weekends as the job may require.
- Native level fluency in Hindi is a plus, but not required
Following is the comprehensive list of various aspects of the job:
Program Development and Implementation
1) Work independently to plan, manage, and implement activities in these areas:
a. All aspects of Rakshak Foundation’s prestigious Internship program
b. Events organized by the foundation
c. Research and evaluation of social issues
d. Grants and donor management
e. Establishing / maintaining relation with other organizations and corporations.
2) Develop publications, reports, presentations, grant applications through collaborative writing and editing
3) Identify opportunities for marketing programs and services and implement promotional activities
4) Track relevant activities in social research space done by other organizations
5) Able to think creatively and broadly to conceive, enable and implement a project
Strategy and Planning
1) Develops and leads the strategy of the organization within the broad context of the local and national landscape to implement strategic and operational decision-making
2) Takes a leadership role in implementing the development of goals, objectives and operational plans for the organization.
3) Leads, motivates and develops staff and board so that they are passionate about what Rakshak Foundation has achieved and are committed to working effectively towards continual improvement
4) Participate in long- and short-term program development and planning.
1) Develop marketing and training materials, collect and develop model/sample policies
2) Supervise project staff, interns, and consultants who will assist and/or carry out these activities
3) Negotiation of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with universities, other non-profits, corporate entities for Rakshak’s initiatives
4) Adhere to the organization’s administrative and recordkeeping guidelines to support accurate bookkeeping and documentation of activities
5) Develop and effectively manage timelines to ensure timely completion of program deliverables.
6) Monitor program activities to ensure quality and accuracy of work outcomes.
7) Ensures that organization has the appropriate resources to operate efficiently and effectively
1) Identify partnership and funding opportunities and promote relationship-building and manage relationships with other organizations, agencies, and/or individuals
2) Develop and disseminate programmatic and marketing materials.
3) Identify partnership and funding opportunities and promote relationship-building
Candidate must successfully pass a pre-employment background check. To be considered for the Rakshak Foundation team, working positively with other staff and other local professionals and community members is a must.Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Rakshak Foundation is a non-profit organization, which researches different public policy issues and creates awareness about them. We sponsor Seminars on public policy matters, sponsor activities to involve youth in building strong communities, including volunteerism and support programs to help the needy. Through the dedicated efforts of our volunteers around the globe, we at Rakshak Foundation bring our perspective on various issues to the attention of the decision-making bodies and institutions in the United States and India. To learn more, visit: www.rakshakfoundation.org