Emerging Technologies is an enabling team within Shell technology organization with advanced research skills and capabilities to deliver innovation to existing line of businesses as well as long range research programs. In Chemical lead generation program, we look at process as well as chemistry innovations for developing new technology routes for existing molecules, delivering new molecules and new intermediates aligned with chemicals technology strategy. In long range research, we conduct exploratory as well as explanatory research in areas like dense energy carriers, hydrogen generation, electrochemical synthesis, methane to products and CO2 capture and conversions and various novel conversion technologies which are all aligned with the broader theme of energy transition. Purpose of ET is to shape up ideas which are in early stages of development in above areas through experimentation and feed them into the technology funnel for sustained innovation and value delivery.
Purpose of current position is to guide and execute research programs related to electrochemical applications in hydrogen & chemical production
- Work closely with key stake-holders and partners in clearly articulating the scope of a research program and own the end to end responsibility for deliveries.
- Keep abreast with technology trends in the above areas, identify opportunities and co-create and co-develop new programs.
- Develop deep skills in areas of research focus, evolve as “go to” person in competency areas of research for electrochemistry.
- Imbed a strong sense of commerciality in research programs with a strong focus on value delivery to the business.
- Coach and mentor experimentalists who are working on programs being led by the individual.
- Adhere to quality standards and ensure that all HSE, Group, Regulatory, Quality and other appropriate standards are complied with.
- Role of emerging technology is to develop early stages ideas which deliver value to technology platforms being executed. A mind set of fast learn / fast fail is very important for optimal utilization of resources and value delivery.
- Role requires a very strong element of collaboration within Bangalore and with many researchers sitting in different geographical locations. Strong communication skills are essential.
- Close collaboration with external research organizations (national labs, other organizations working in areas of interest to Shell) and academic institutions
- Act as a project lead for the program, define key stage gate targets for progress tracking and periodically engage with key stake-holders on program reviews.
In return we’ll give you:
- Preferably a PhD / master’s degree in chemical engineering or a PhD in chemistry with exposure to electrochemistry, electrosynthesis or electrocatalysis.
- About 4-8 years of solid experience in exploratory, explanatory research in electrochemical processes, fuel cells. Preference for candidates having strong experimental experience.
- Strong project leadership skills for end to end delivery of programs
- Innovative mindset and passion to add value in an R&D environment to nurture and mature new ideas that can have a commercial impact
- Excellent team player and communicator with ability to balance different views and inspire people to work together effectively
- Eagerness to learn and build capability in novel technologies as well as new ways of working
- A great environment to grow, with the flexibility to do what you do best
- World class career development opportunities
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- A vibrant & positive work culture centered around Care for people & Safety
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline they are a part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach. Join us and you’ll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities.
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India’s energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.