Platform Services Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, high performing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to create the foundational capabilities that application teams develop on top of it. This team leads with mission to provide overall stewardship of enterprise grade application architecture & design within the context of holistic software development. This includes driving the architecture & design decisions and building consensus around it. The team leads the exploration in software architecture & technology innovations along with enabling excellence in overall team.
Team members may be developers, testers, analysts & architects. The team is cross-functional, which means that between all its members they possess sufficient skills to do the work. There is no dictated leadership hierarchy within the team members.
Senior Software Engineer at MasterCard is a high performing engineer within the organization and spearheads the architecture or framework implementations. He or she participates in the Software Development Life Cycle of one or more microservices R&D, Proof of Concepts, Prototyping, Code review etc. Additionally, He or she influences the development practices so that they are in compliance with best practices, policies and procedures.
Do you have what it takes to be part of team working and operating a state of art technology?
Have you got the skills to be recognized as a Full Stack Engineer in a Scrum team?
Essential responsibilities of the position:
- Execute and own the baseline architecture implementations and design activities collaborating with other Engineers & Engineering Team.
- Ability to work with existing and evolve services with minimum guidance.
- Experience in working with fast paced, modern Architecture with extensive experience with building Spring boot applications, event driven microservices and actively participate in R&D on the new frameworks
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to express and design ideas to a development team
- Strong debugging skills to support Tier 1 applications and has experience in simplifying complex implementations
- Work to define feature requirements and deliver the product that materially impacts the business and improves the consumer experience.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and come up with novel ways to solve them.
- Design and implement scalable, resilient, high performance services, preferable event driven.
- Provide guidance to teams on development standards, automation and tools
All About You
- Full stack engineering experience in a production environment
- Expert programming skills in Java, Spring and reactive programming
- Proficiency in Software Development Best Practices (ATDD/BDD, Unit tests)
- Experience with modern Web, Java and Java EE platforms including Spring framework & components, Messaging, NATS, Kafka, Web & Application Server ( Server App Design & Technology Skills ), Web Services, REST ( Services Design & Technology Skills )
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Desire to stay abreast of new development tools and methods
- Experience in monitoring tools such as Dynatrace is plus.
- Experience in deployment automation through Chef is plus
- Bachelor Engineering or Technology in Computer Science, Engineering or IT Required & Master’s degree in related discipline Preferred
- Object-oriented Programming
- Event Driven architecture and design paradigm
- Spring, Spring Boot
- Analytical and Problem-solving
- Ability to operate effectively independently
- Technical Communication (Written and Oral)
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Relevant internship or work experience, including development and/or test automation experience.
- Experience with complex Micro service, modern technology stack Implementations"
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.