Consumer Unity & Trust Society (CUTS) is currently seeking a communications specialist
for developing and implementing communication strategies and creative concepts for our
projects aimed at marketing our ideas and research across diverse stakeholders through
the use of traditional and social media, publicizing our events and programs, developing
and maintaining media relations.
- Develop and execute overall communications strategy and annual communications
- Develop potential story ideas and communication projects in order to enhance the
image of CUTS and its campaigns with donors, media and in public;
- Manage content generation, design, production and dissemination of IEC materials,
newsletters, and other periodic reports for CUTS as a whole, as well as individual
projects and campaigns;
- Manage CUTS’ online properties including website and blogs;
- Develop a strong social media presence for CUTS;
- Supervise brand building and maintain house style on all outreach materials;
- Coordinate communications for events and programs in tandem with Programme team
and events team;
- Partner with the leadership team in building CUTS as a knowledge hub for consumer
policy related issues with the media and relevant stakeholders;
- Partner with the Fundraising team to develop partnerships, donors and sponsors for
- Build and manage all media relationships across print and digital media; publicise
CUTS’ ideas through marketing of our research and advocacy to the media; support the
research and programs team in gaining access to print and digital media for
dissemination of publications and other key reports;
- Monitor Media to see relevance to CUTS work and ideas and make connect with
writers/media house for op-eds, articles etc;
- Build a high impact group of media supporters and or champions of our cause and
work, including editors, columnists, producers and Heads of Media organisations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-graduate degree or equivalent in Communication, Marketing or Social Sciences;
- 4-6 years professional experience in, strategic communications, publications house, or
advertising agency, media relations environment;
- Proven track record in branding, editing, publications management, website
management, and use of social media for strategic communications;
- Experience in working in an international environment as well as coordination of
rollouts across the country.
- Exceptional spoken and written English
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to build and actively engage with a large network of diverse stakeholders
- Great verbal communications and presentation skills
- Good network in the media
- Ability to priorities, plan well in advance and multi-task
- Ability to build relationships with team members and leaders
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and deliver a quality product
- Flexible and adaptable
CUTS recognizes that the right candidate will have a significant impact on the success of the
organization and is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package for the non-profit
sector, commensurate with experience.
The position will be based in CUTS headquarters in Jaipur. Occasional travel around India
with potential for international travel to partners and conferences will be expected.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com, along with a cover
letter highlighting your suitability for the position. Please mention job code in subject line
of application. Any application received without the appropriate job code will not be
considered. Given the large volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond
to all applicants and our responses are limited to those who are shortlisted.
Consumer Unity and Trust Society (CUTS) is an equal opportunity employer and considers
all applicants on merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, gender,
marital status or physical disability. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Consumer Unity & Trust Society (CUTS) International
D-217, Bhaskar Marg, Bani Park
Jaipur 302 016, India.