Provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring the company receives payments for goods and services and properly records the transactions by posting receipts and resolving discrepancies according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner. Analyze on the open credit trend from the AR books and work towards resolving them by either getting them applied to the right customer accounts with their approvals or refund the money back to the customer. Involve the collections team, sales and other DOA approvers based on each case. Role involves working in coordination with many internal teams to clean up the open credits on the accounts.
- Review wire transfer and bank deposits
- Prepare items for posting
- Manual check scanning
- Downloading and management of payment files
- Preparation and analysis of cash reports
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles, SAP cash applications
- Good knowledge of applying credits and debits, returns and wire transfers
- Monitors unallocated and unapplied receipts for timely resolution
- Posting of wire transfers and checks as needed, would require to work with the collections team or the customer directly
- Enroll & ability to learn to any mode of payment upgradation the customer or organization is willing to adapt at any given time
- Communicate with Collection Team and Management regarding payment discrepancies
- Processes client refunds related to duplicate or erroneous payments
- Sound ability to meet deadlines and set priorities
- Ability to multi-task within a dynamic team environment
- Special projects as directed by Cash Supervisor
- Performing tests to see whether the systems are effectual or not
- Preparing reports of the activities of cash applications on a periodic basis
- Abiding by all the policy rules and regulations of the company so that the targets are met on time
- Communicating with the supervisor in case of any technical glitches that won't allow the targets to be met
- Assist team with gathering support for all audits, including pulling documentation
- Ensuring that all the matters have been raised in accordance with the guidelines or rules and regulations of the company
- Providing necessary suggestions to enhance the work environment of the company
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We recognize the value of diverse workforce and aim to create employment opportunities such that all employees achieve their full potential and work in an environment free of discrimination and harassment. We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, caste, color, religious creed, ethnicity, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by central, national, provincial or local laws.
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation