The ideal candidate is a full-stack designer with both user experience and digital design skills. He/She will thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual should have a passion for researching, understanding and defining the needs and behaviors of customers. He/She will also work with the product teams and key brand stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into exceptional designs that serve the needs of our customers. The UI/UX Lead will share this passion with, and mentor a small team of UI/UX and graphic designers to follow organizational best practices and deliver consistently on-brand, world-class design solutions.
- Using a customer-centered, iterative design process, drive the execution and delivery of successful product and service designs across our portfolio of brands and touch points.
- Collaborate deeply with the product teams and engineering throughout the product life cycle to ensure your designs are addressing both user and business needs, are feasible to implement, and are subsequently implemented accurately.
- Lead overall UI/UX efforts, setting design direction, driving discussion and activities, while participating in research, testing, delivery, planning, and coordination efforts.
- Create high quality UI deliverables based on UX goals and priorities, including annotated wireframes (low fidelity to high fidelity and everything in between) followed by production-ready final assets. Embrace and lead strong culture of user testing.
- Provide leadership, mentorship for the team
- Hands-on design work for both external and internal clients
- Foster the use of established UI/UX techniques, templates, presentations, and assets through UI/UX best practices covering research, analysis, tools, and materials. Identify UI/UX and graphic design needs and improve workflow; fill skill gaps through training.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate feature functionality and look and feel
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Knowledge of wireframe tools
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skill
- B2B experience is a plus.
- 9+ years of UI/UX experience with proven record, Experience in building SaaS products
- Knowledge of Angular, Bootstrap, and Material Design is mandatory
- Master of the UI/UX lifecycle with deep experience defining user experience, visual design, interaction design, user research, and design principles.
- A professional portfolio demonstrating interaction and visual design experience across brand, web, mobile web and native apps.
- Experience providing oversight of a large product, program, or simultaneously coordinating multiple smaller initiatives and teams.
- Solid knowledge of design, repository, story and backlog management tools and resources (Sketch, Axure, Invision, JIRA, Photoshop, Figma etc.)
For over 20 years, Milestone has been a leading provider of digital marketing software and services for location-based businesses. Over 2,000 companies in Hospitality, Retail, Financial Services and Automotive industries rely on Milestone to power their digital marketing strategies. Milestone has garnered over 500 awards, has been short listed 3 consecutive years for the US Search awards and won Search Engine Land's prestigious "Best overall SEO-SEM campaign" in 2018. Milestone has gained a reputation for blending outstanding digital marketing expertise with advanced technological capabilities and is one of Silicon Valley Business Journal's fastest growing companies and an Inc. 5,000 company.
Top Reasons to work for Milestone:
- Work in an innovative digital marketing software + services organization
- Great place to learn with phenomenal growth opportunity
- Stable and rapidly growing company
- Opportunity to work with a fun, amazing and talented team
- Great benefits – Mediclaim and paid holidays (per year)
- Exciting and innovative work environment
- Employee referral incentive program