Assistant Vice President - 90244830
19 Sep 2019 - 26 Sep 2019
Job Title :
Assistant Vice President
Job grade :
Job Location :
- Review and analyse performance reports against targets on a weekly/monthly basis with the head of department and with the client and investigate causes for performance deviations.
- Formulate strategies and implement plans based on performance of the process, business goals related to customer and client satisfaction.
- Ensure the staffing model, resource plan and budgetary allocations are designed to achieve key service delivery metrics and ensure that the same are communicated effectively both externally & internally to facilitate business compliance.
- Drive continuous improvements in the process.
- Own the development, articulation and implementation of the business strategy by working closely with business stakeholders across different business functions
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- Monitor and drive plans to achieve successful completion on time, budget and quality
- Own and manage all risk elements of the business including but not limited to revenue & cost, attrition, customer experience and brand reputation
- Develop long term goals within business area to align with the organization’s vision. Create plans which involve capitalizing on current opportunities and future emerging trends.
- Provide leadership training to the managers and management oversight for issue resolution
- Create an environment that encourages staff retention, high levels of staff engagement and ensures employee satisfaction shows a year on year improvement
- Embed a culture of regular reviews and performance management aligned to Barclays standards
- Serve as single point of senior management contact to the onshore stakeholders for the processes undertaken
- Set and communicate common business goals and objectives
- Actively support succession planning initiatives and investing in manager development activities – Build a strong leadership pipeline
- Ensure effective allocation and utilisation of resources across the team in order to maximise effectiveness.
- Identify the developmental needs of the team & encourage them to take suitable training programs to enhance their capabilities and skills.
- Communicate strategic developments within the business area.
- Groom and mentor the team to handle wider span & higher responsibilities.
- Build effective communication channels to ensure open communication and address issues/ concerns raised by the team.
- Driving internal efficiencies through automation, process improvement and lean methodology
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with key stakeholders across businesses served.
- Frequently need to present to senior stakeholders on business ideas and challenges and needs to display ample influencing and reasoning skills to arrive at logical agreements
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills also required to agree on targets, challenge unreasonable demands and set expectations in an amicable and collaborative manner
- Ensure adherence to and compliance with governance, risk policies, procedures and compliance policies.
- Ensure compliance to all specified controls; conduct checks and attestation processes
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Graduate in any discipline
- Strong Knowledge of HR Systems – SAP/Taleo/SIEBEL and its functionalities
- Experience of working in a customer facing management environment
- Experience of managing teams in service environment
- Ability to complete or advise on completion of high volume routine/non-routine tasks and prioritise accordingly
- Team Handling and Escalation handling ability
- Technical systems and procedure training experience
- Workflow time management experience
- Knowledge of lean and six sigma
- Detailed understanding of the business operational objectives, service standards and compliance requirements
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Also do find the link below
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.