Responsible for understanding the software requirements and developing it into a working source code accordingly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Work with business stakeholders, project managers, business analysts, and other IT teams to understand the business needs and their requirements.
- Work with a development team of software engineers and enterprise architects to ensure the solutions meet our business needs using Agile methodologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Will often require to take a lead role in the entire development cycle, conduct design and code reviews, and have a heavy input throughout the process, from requirements to production deployment.
- Create technical system specifications and ensure documentation remains current throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Raise up opportunities, enhancements, and process improvements. Communicate timely status, including any potential risks/issues of the assignments to management.
- Research, design, define, develop, test, document and implement new service APIs or changes to existing services. Participate in test planning, development, and execution for integration and system testing.
- Learn new software tools and skills as needed. Keep up with technologies. Provide mentoring to other development staff on technical topics.
- Support and maintain applications utilizing required tools and technologies. Ensure applications are scalable and operate efficiently in the production environment.
- Must be self-motivated and take initiative
Proficiency in at least one programming language (Core competency)
- Good understanding of Software lifecycle
- Knowledge of software Design principles"
- General understanding of investment banking industry is desired
Why Join Us
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
A 100% owned subsidiary of European banking and financial services major Societe Generale (SG), Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) came into existence in 2000. Established as an offshore development centre in Bangalore, also having a presence in Chennai, SG GSC has 15 years of sustainable delivery expertise to its credit, and develops global best practices to promote the strategic objectives of the Societe Generale Group.
SG GSC possesses in-depth understanding of the business processes and cutting-edge technologies across domains of Societe Generale’s diverse portfolio. We deliver best-in-class solutions to the Group’s entities in the realm of corporate and investment banking, retail banking, specialized financing and insurance, private banking, and global investment management and services.
We place the highest importance on our employees and provide extensive opportunities for career progression and development. SG GSC conforms to the group diversity principles, and has a multi-cultural staff representing seven nationalities, and speaking 20 languages. Women comprise 25% of our workforce.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
SG Global Solution Centre
Date of publication: