1 year 0 months
10/29/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
The manufacturing advisory group in IFC is currently developing several integrated advisory and investment engagements supporting adoption of sustainable energy/decarbonization options in the supply chains of global brands in targeted sectors including technology/electronics and Textile, Apparel and Footwear ("TAF'').
A leading global technology company is partnering with IFC to help the company achieve its global climate goal by reducing emissions throughout its value chain, including Scope 3 emissions. The project will address some of the market barriers and constraints faced by suppliers of the technology company by providing suppliers the necessary tools, advisory services, knowledge, on-ground implementation support and access to finance to facilitate suppliers’ transition to more efficient use of energy and increased usage of renewable energy. The program of cooperation between IFC and the technology company focused on scope 3 sources is underway, covering the following:
1. Energy efficiency, cleaner production and increased use of renewable energy in tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers
2. Analysis, structure and design of an IFC Corporate financing support mechanism
3. Investigate the potential for usage of aggregated purchase of Renewable Energy Power and other country-specific mechanisms to secure renewable energy credits
One of the flagship programs by the manufacturing advisory group for the Textile, Apparel and Footwear (TAF) sector is the IFC Partnership for Cleaner Textiles (PaCT). IFC's PaCT LS&Co project is a global program that is promoting the uptake of cleaner production and renewable energy in the supply chain of IFC MAS strategic client Levi Strauss and company. IFC is undertaking water and energy efficiency assessments, distributed renewable energy scoping and PaCT Advantage (a purpose-built web-based management diagnostic process) for at least 42 LS&CO Brand designated facilities over the period 2019 – 2023.
IFC is seeking the services of an extended term consultant to support our work with two global brand clients to help them meet global commitments for climate change mitigation and reduction of scope 3 emissions, specifically in the area of Distributed Generation and energy and water efficiency.
Scope of Work
1. The Consultant will undertake project activities to support implementation of a leading global technology company. The consultant shall support the Global Project Lead under our overall engagement with the global technology company and its suppliers on sustainability advisory work. This shall include, but not be limited to:
a) Providing expert inputs and reviewing client strategies for supplier selection and engagement
b) Leading the engagement with suppliers shortlisted for the program across Asia
c) Supervising a team of consultants across different countries of focus for supplier-level assessments on Cleaner Production (CP) and onsite distributed generation (DG) of renewable energy resources and implementation support for agreed GHG reduction interventions
d) Providing supplier level inputs to inform investment pipeline for IFC finance consideration
e) Developing and tracking development impact targets in collaboration with IFC’s Monitoring & Evaluation team
f) Liaising with regional MAS advisory teams to ensure smooth and consistent delivery of program implementation across multiple markets and multiple regions.
g) Builds strong relationships with client counterparts and actively engaging on data/impact reporting and project progress monitoring
h) Participating actively in virtual and face-to-face client and supplier meetings and workshops by representing IFC’s views and the client’s strategic objectives
i) Overseeing the hiring and management of a team of consultants in multiple markets – i.e. by drafting terms of reference, providing input and scoring for consultant procurement process, reviewing and providing comments on consultant deliverables, and ensuring defined roles and responsible and timely program delivery
j) Providing project management support in preparation of IFC team deliverables for the client by: (i) coordinating to ensure consistency in format, quality and delivery; (ii) tracking project delivery schedule; and (iii) regularly reporting project status and progress to IFC team and client
The Consultant will lead country level project activities to support the implementation of IFC-Levis Global PaCT activities across South Asia. This shall include, but not be limited to:
a) Leading the implementation of the program with hired consultant teams in India and Sri Lanka
- Participating in various field missions especially to the client manufacturing facilities to facilitate program delivery
- Managing consultants and reviewing technical reports and ensuring monitoring of basic and in-depth CP /resource efficiency assessments by consultants
- Supervising consultants to oversee the delivery and implementation of increased use of renewable energy by suppliers through various models including aggregated procurement in Pakistan.
- Assessing supplier level roadmaps and providing feedback to LS&Co
b) Supporting the team to establish and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service, including management and oversight of all client deliverables, integration of client and supplier feedback into draft reports and ensuring timely reporting of implementation progress and results
c) Engaging with regional IFC MAS advisory teams across South Asia to ensure smooth delivery of PACT work on the ground (in Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan)
d) Engaging with client as needed for impact reporting
e) Representing IFC in local engagements with Global brands for Textile sectors in India, Sri Lanka and other countries as required
1. Advanced degree in Business Administration, International Development, Sustainable Development, Resource Management, Economics or related field.
2. 10 plus years of proven background in business, technology, consulting with experience in industrial resource efficiency, renewable energy, understanding of technology development/acceleration and adoption approaches and models, familiarity with corporate finance (in particular, capital investment decision-making), financial modeling, and climate finance.
3. Experience in delivery of advisory services on sustainability, climate change mitigation options to suppliers in developing countries, with emphasis on South and East Asia
4. Excellent program management and critical thinking combined with excellent oral and written communications skills in English is required.
5. Strong interpersonal, and teamwork skills; demonstrated client orientation; sensitivity to working in a multicultural environment.
6. Ability to build and manage relationships with key clients, consultants, and other industry partners.
7. Ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team across the regions, self-starter, and ability to perform duties and tasks independently.
8. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely for expert and non-expert audiences, including ability to communicate technical and financial aspects of projects to diverse audiences, good presentation skills are a prerequisite.
The individual is proposed to be based in New Delhi office and travel will be required all over South & East Asia as per program requirements. The selected candidate will report to the global project lead of the designated IFC projects.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.