Assist the GM P&ES to plan, develop and implement high quality security management services to directly & indirectly support business operations, processes and procedures to contribute to the business growth, revenue and profit for his regional area of responsibility (AOR). • Being In-charge of overall physical security operations for the region, you will be required to take ownership of the successful management of security, safety & compliance of all the operational processes within the regional jurisdiction of this role in P&ES function. • To direct and enforce best in class security standards aimed at achieving organizational security objectives in synchronisation with the company imperatives and overall goal. • To ensure reduction of business risk using value-based security management principles, risk based approach, risk management principles for the region.
Scope and Dimensions
As a direct line of representation and support for the GM P&ES, the regional security manger (RSM) will be primarily based out of Delhi office and majorly responsible for handling security issues regarding the protection of all corporate assets (people, property, operations and reputation) within his/her area of responsibility (AOR)- as of now covers north, north -west India. The AOR, role & position is flexible & transferable to any site of the company as per the present and future needs of the department and the company. • Lead a team of on-role, off-role and outsourced manpower to drive, execute plans, policies and processes with respect to Physical & Environmental Security management. • Drive the team to optimize / reduce operating costs across all regional facilities through efficient processes. • Assess organizational priorities to identify key corporate services imperatives and lead a team through expertise in most or all areas within Corporate Services business division of the region. • Tactical role which provides a marked contribution to defining the direction of processes, standards or operational plans based upon business strategy, with a significant short to mid-term impact on business unit overall results. • Identifies problems and significantly improves, changes or adapts existing method and techniques. • Focus is on implementation and control as well as strategy formulation for the region.
Key Activities and Accountabilities
RSM being responsible for managing & controlling security of multi-locational sites spread across the geography, he/she will be responsible for providing timely and accurate security advice, credible intelligence, information, analysis, develop cost effective security plans, security risk management and dedicate time for crisis management responsibilities. • The role also includes responsibility for assisting in the implementation of the security standards and guidelines for security alignment/ standardisation with all other locations within the region and in sync with other regions of the country.
- RSMs also assist in conducting internal investigation when directed and liaise with external agencies (law enforcement/blue light services) as required to meet business requirements. • RSMs are required to proactively provide vital inputs relating to safe and secure operations on the ground at his/her location. Additionally, the RSMs also manages the function’s capital & operating budget to conduct and coordinate day to day as well as special projects of security operational activities- including upgradation projects, policy revisions, etc, • Team Management, handling a large team of outsourced manpower spread across multiple locations from the perspective of governing their deliverables, meeting standards of TATA Code of conduct, statutory & legal compliance, safety standards and general discipline, etc
Risk Identification and Mitigation:
- Support security audits, investigation and security pre-alerts. Carry out regular security performance reviews of team (including off-role and contractual key staff) to ensure we deliver value to the company and internal/ external customers and auditors by providing the most reliable and efficient security solutions. • Performs security risk assessments based on vulnerability criteria to determine appropriate levels of protection and security necessary for sites / location / events. • Recommend and coordinate procurement, installation and commissioning of security equipment designed to increase efficiency of security operations at facilities. • Be responsible for implementation of security procedures and programs to prevent, detect and react to known or suspected security situations. • Coordinate and collaborate with peers within and outside team to enhance security operations efficiency. • Develop and support emergency response teams and manage the security function for incident/emergency response exercises/events. • Assist in developing, maintaining, and implementing security emergency management procedures and plans. • Support in implementing safety and security awareness programs. e.g. information security, personal security & safety programs. • Ensure security alerts are understood by the organizational units / leadership and provide guidance in developing a response / mitigation plan. • Establish liaison and contact with external authorities like emergency services and law enforcement agencies, fire department officials on the local level
Loss Prevention and Loss Reduction:
- Manage in conducting the risks audits and identify areas that may affect the ability of the company to operate and evaluate their impact to achieve profitability. • Assist in identifying and assessing in risks and develop plans to mitigate key exposures to people, operations, assets, information, intellectual property, and reputation. • Implementation of security mitigation plan/ systems across the region. • Assist in preparing regular assessment/update on environmental aspects and their impact on the security & safety of the company. • Provide security advice and support to the GM security & local business leadership.
- Manage security investigations in relation to thefts, pilferages, unauthorised access, movement, violations of code of conduct, violation of policies, etc, to reduce losses and damages to company property, reputation and overall goodwill. • Oversee the process in achieving improved damage/ loss reduction plans. by taking proactive initiatives to prevent loss and to reduce the impact of loss once they occur. • Provide training to employees and security staff in security awareness from the point of being an extended arm of security and support in intel & info generation. • To communicate to the GM security on all major loss / investigation. • Supervise to evaluate loss frequency patterns and recommend corrective steps.
Audits & Compliances:
- Ensure security is considered during planning and implementing of new projects/business expansion. • Act as focal point for security advice to a CAPEX / OPEX projects for the region. • Assist/Guide GM Security in assessing technical aspects of new emerging security technologies. • Ability to understand and put to practical use the use of technology for security management including but not limited to CCTV, ACS, VMS, Boom Barriers, XBS, etc, • Undertaking new site risk assessment and security planning from the drawing stage in sync with other relevant stakeholders.
Communication & Reports:
- Ensure functional compliance with all applicable certifications like ISO 14001, TL 9000, ISO 27001 etc and close all observations/NCs highlighted in the audit report within given timelines.
- Assist and coordinate all applicable 2nd/3rd party audits. Awareness Development:
- Implementation of security & safety policy in all offices and field operation sites as well. • Conduct of employee engagement activities for garnishing positive perception for P&ES . • To develop the necessary relationship to gain support required in addressing issues and concerns. • Train and develop security staff and achieve full commitment to security business plans. Assist in crisis management plan development, training and deployment, risk analysis. • Information security, personnel security issues, physical security and loss prevention and other security tasks such as conducting assessments, audits and presentations.
- To ensure that GM security and all relevant stakeholders are furnished with required information & reports on time. • Identify potential security threats. Manage the team in identifying potential security threats/issues, manage the resolution of security issues/incidents and instigate appropriate solutions that will rectify/minimise the risk, implement solutions, which will assist in this objective. • Assure proactive communications and exchange pre-emptive information for risk assessments. • Liaison with local law enforcement agencies and government agencies, government regulatory agencies and private industrial security counterparts as and when required. • Provide summary of security reporting, regular threat updates and post incident analysis. Coordinate executive protection programs during VIP visits/Board Meetings.
Contract Management & manned Guarding Operations:
- Conduct investigations of damage, loss of property asset, reported acts of violations of security policies and procedures, etc. and provide the GM P&ES with the recommendations and corrective actions across for region. • Intelligence & Investigations handling by generating timely and credible intelligence and launching investigations to result in positive outcomes.
- Oversee negotiations & preparation of commercial terms and conditions for security to reduce risk factors. • Manage & maintain foresight in the use of outsourced security contracts and security consultant services. • Assure compliance by outsourced security service providers to local government regulations on security, labour laws and other statutes. • Vendor management for all services undertaken from multiple vendors from the point of view of enforcement of SOW, meeting service level agreements, payments with due notifications of deficiency of services , etc,.
Minimum qualification & experience
Graduate / Post graduate from a recognised university
Desirable candidate from the military background as a Captain / Major (and equivalent) with multi-faced experience in managing and leading security operations in companies of Indian and MNC origin.
Over all experience of 15 + years in security domain, out of which min 10 + years should be in the private industry/ corporate sector heading security for a site / region (in middle management cadre) .
In depth knowledge of organising, evaluating and managing security equipment, CCTV, Access Control; Alarm systems, Monitoring of alarms and remote use of CCTV systems. • Good working knowledge of some security framework. Security training/ certifications from a recognized/reputed organization. Knowledge and certification in ISO 27001, ISO 22301, OHSAS-18001, ISO 45001 will be an added advantage. • Managing Security management systems, additionally conducting independent risk audits, investigations. • Knowledge of emergency response management, working with all levels of staff and organizing training programs. • Working knowledge in managing safety of the site including facing safety audits. Good communication skills in spoken and written English. • Basic PC operating skills. • Liaison with government agencies like Police, Fire department, Neighbouring military installations, etc.
- Strategic Awareness. • Resourcefulness. • Assertiveness. • Planning & organising. • Relationship management, to interact with peers, subordinates and those with higher authority within and outside the organisation to achieve the desired results. • Communication ability at a senior level (internal & external)
- Impeccable integrity. • Leadership & team work. • Customer focused. • Process orientation. • Resourcefully Innovates (manages costs). • Motivates & manages people. • Deliver Results.
Knowledge / Skills