About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:
JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Banking Technology supports technology for 3 parts of the Banking business under CIB (Corporate & Investment Bank), namely GIB (Global Investment Banking), GCB (Global Corporate Banking) & TS (Treasury Services). GIB works with a broad range of issuer clients, including corporations, institutions and governments, and provides comprehensive strategic advice, capital raising and risk management expertise. GCB manages the firm's relationships with large corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations globally to help our clients meet their objectives and challenges in financing, risk management, working capital, cash management and investments. Treasury Services delivers cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card and escrow services that resolve the working capital and efficiency challenges treasury professionals face today.
Be part of Banking Technology in JPMorgan:
- Have strong business analysis skillset able to assess and recommend on business requirements
- Have strong knowledge of Business Process Testing and able to work with automation team on test execution
- Manage the deliverables, and banker buy-in and adoption including leading stakeholder management and communication.
- Coordinate across numerous constituencies to gain consensus, mediate conflicts through 'air traffic control' and develop innovative, efficient, competitive approaches to issues.
- Participates in all phases of the IT Project Delivery Framework, including review of complex business and functional requirements.
- Analyze existing capabilities and identify priority gaps and opportunities.
- Supporting software applications or components currently in production and/or in development in conformity with the JPMC IT Project Delivery Framework. Makes recommendations based on assessed risks to quality by applying various verification and validation techniques in coordination with the development team (QA leads, project managers, development managers, change management and QA core members).
- Accountable for internal process and procedure improvement projects and manages initiatives supporting continual QA process improvements and their integration with other process development activities.
- Assesses risk to quality service based upon results of verification and validation.
- Manages verification and validation activities for all production modifications.
- Maintains document template libraries and internal project documentation including releases, and changes.
- 3 -6 years of experience on Selenium (on Java).
- Comfortable in both Manual QA and Automation activities.
- Experience in Cypress is an added advantage.
- Experience in end to end testing and should be capable to independently work closely with BA & Dev team. Should be in a position to walk through QA test evidences to BA/AD/Product teams.
- Previous experience with automated testing (e.g. Cucumber, Selenium) as well as continuous integration software (e.g. Jenkins/Jules) will be preferred.
- Hands on experience in using automation frameworks.
- Proven ability in developing scripts with Selenium and writing step definitions.
- Experience of using Source control tools like GIT or Similar.
- Experience testing in Windows as well as UNIX or LINUX environment.
- Working experience in using IntelliJ IDE or Eclipse.
- Awareness of using SQL, XML message formats is a plus.
- Thorough hands-on experience with all the levels of testing including Smoke, Usability, Functional, Integration, Regression, Re-testing, User Acceptance and System Testing.
- Advanced knowledge of Agile methodology as well as Defect/configuration management tools JIRA and ALM.
- Independently handle initiatives for QA with minimum to no hand-holding in their day-to-day activities.
- Investigating, monitoring, reporting and driving solutions to issues.
- Able to provide feedback and updates to the project team and QA Manager, ensuring high quality and accuracy is prioritized.
- Able to produce plans, write and execute test cases, with regular communication to key product owners in a timely manner.
Personal Qualities/Soft Skills -
- Strong Team player abilities and Quick Learner, enthusiastic to learn new concepts and technologies.
- Strong communication skills
- Good analytical skills for effective problem solving
- Ability to collaborate and work well as part of a team
- Willingness and self-motivation to learn different technologies
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.