3 years 0 months
2/2/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
The South Asia Department is recruiting a Program Assistant to be based at its New Delhi office.
Role and responsibilities:
Duties include and not limited to:
- Providing high quality support to staff at senior grades, including scheduling of appointments, monitoring documents for signature/approval; filing; monitoring and follow up of tasks; handling incoming correspondence and internal and external queries; drafting and sending routine correspondence.
- Updating and Monitoring the Industry Pipeline and project timeslines, ensuring all data on i-deskinternal IFC systems is accurate and up to date
- Drafting routine correspondence and proofreading materials using proper grammar, punctuation and style.
- Incorporate agreed comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities.
- Use word processing or desktop publishing skills to produce complex text, reports, figures, graphs, etc., according to standard Bank’s formats and distribution,. making full use of shared drives and software capabilities.
- Coordinate schedules taking priorities into account, monitors changes, and communicates the information to appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unit, including officials outside the Bank GroupIFC.
- Assist the team, as requested, in managing IFC internal processes on proprietary systems, for which training shall be provided
- Assist in preparation and logistical planning for various events e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations etc.
- Track assigned budgets, task/project, steps/timetables, summarizes information and coordinate with relevant staff and provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters.
- Maintain current distribution & contact lists, as well as paper and electronic unit files.
- Provide logistical support to on travel.
- Co-ordination of in-person and virtual meetings, including participation, materials and agendas.
- Work as a back up to other ACS in the office as and when required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience.
- High degree of motivation, initiative, flexibility, reliability and handle concurrent tasks simultaneously.
- Quick learner, proactive and self-starter. He/She should be able to work independently after onboarding.
- Demonstrates relevant functional knowledge and understanding of institutional priorities, policies, operational and administrative procedures, and people.
- Dedicated team player with excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize assignments, and willingness to learn about the team’ s work, to be able to take on additional responsibility.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and produce high-quality work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills with proven ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with critical deadlines and undertake diverse and complex assignments under minimum supervision.
- Willingness to learn Bank’s procedures, especially, operational procedures and follow-up processes.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal. Fluency at business-level in one major India language is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of the basic computer software (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Powerpoint); ability to use Internet to research and retrieve data and information. Exhibits excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and proficiency of technology or/and systems relevant to functional area.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.