This role offers the opportunity to lead and manage projects and partnerships in South Asia aimed at driving prepaid products. The main responsibility would be to drive and grow prepaid business in both domestic and forex prepaid cards space.
Prepaid market is growing at an estimated 15-25% YoY. This is primarily due to the digital initiative taken up by the government and change in dynamics of the ecosystem. The prepaid card ecosystem is fast evolving with inclusion of technology coming from new generation of fintechs. In this scenario it’s important to have a robust value chain in place which is unique for prepaid and is dynamic and nimble. The value chain includes program managers, processors, FFMC’s & issuing banks. Each of these players in the value chain play a crucial role and have significant impact on the economics of prepaid card industry.
Domestic prepaid cards are of various types such as include gift, business & administrative expense, payroll, meal, employee / partner incentive, travel forex, general purpose, remittance, teen and campus, social security and other government benefit programs, insurance claims. Forex prepaid cards include single currency and multi-currency.
The candidate should be able to work closely and collaborate with various business teams such as account management, product and customer delivery, along with regional alignment.
The position requires a self-motivated, commercially pragmatic business manager with strong relationship management (both internal and external) and influencing skills.
Role & Responsibilities
This is an individual contributor role reporting into the Vice President, expert/Specialist sales, South Asia, and entails significant cross functional interaction. Primary responsibilities include:
- Identify, manage and execute long term commercial deals with program managers in prepaid ecosystem
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with the program managers to ensure long term deal performance
- Maintain and grow market share for prepaid
- Achieve the gross dollar volume (GDV) and prepaid revenue targets
- Work closely with account managers and extend support in terms of completing the value chain of prepaid
- Provide product and market intelligence to account managers
- Identify new use cases such as loan on card, digital gift etc and support the issuers/banks with adequate knowledge and support
- Ensure Mastercard is the preferred scheme for prepaid amongst all banks/issuers
- Work closely with Prepaid Payment Instrument (PPI) license holders and on board/license them on to Mastercard network
- Work closely with large merchant partners to explore co-brand opportunities
- Coordinate with various internal teams such as AML, compliance and franchisee for smooth and speedy launch of programs
All about You
- Candidate must be able to integrate knowledge across disciplines, including technology, operations, sales, product, marketing, compliance and risk.
- Self-driven, organized and pro-active with ability to multi-task
- Entrepreneurial and commercially focused
- Strong influencing skills
- Experience in the following areas would be preferred:
o Business Development
o Account Management
o Managing Financial Inclusion projects
o BFSI / Payments industry experience
- Post Graduate, MBA preferred.
- Based in Mumbai, India
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.