WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE
MHE (Forklift) Co-worker:
- Ability to communicate in English
- Flexibility to work in shifts: Day or Night
- Driving or Forklift operating license will be an added advantage
- Forklift driving experience is preferred, four wheeler heavy vehicle driving license is compulsory
- Basic computer skills
- Good personal discipline
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to apply, take personal initiatives and flexible approach
- Experienced in following action plans and working methods through guidance from managers
- Ability to make things happen in a fast-paced retail environment
- Enthusiastic about work and working with others in a team
- Ability to prioritise and organize personal work tasks in order to make the most efficient use of time available
Purpose of Job:
You will be responsible as part of the goods flow team for the completion of goods flow processes in the most efficient, commercial and safest way possible.
- Contribute to the highest goods availability for customers by the correct and on-time execution of the assigned store goods flow tasks.
- Perform effectively the store goods flow operation like picking, replenishment, receiving in the assigned area, using the available systems and tools that support an efficient goods flow process and data integrity.
- Responsible for my own development by using the existing competence development tools and resources provided.
- Work according to inventory routine in order to maximise stock accuracy to achieve product availability for the customers.
- Live the IKEA values and nurture a strong and thriving IKEA culture that inspires colleagues to reach extraordinary achievements in the store and especially in the goods flow team.
- Commit to all IKEA health, safety and security rules and requirements within the area of responsibility, and actively help colleagues to prevent any incidents involving co-workers, customers, equipment, building and IKEA products.
- Contribute to the agreed goals of the action plan in the daily work by being involved in the goalsetting process.
- Share my knowledge and skills to support colleagues in the department and other areas of the store.
- Contribute to optimised daily goods flow operations within the assigned goods flow process(es) by working in a lean, simple and cost-conscious way using and sharing good examples.
- Be available to support colleagues in the department and other areas of the store when required.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
We’re the team behind the scenes that make the IKEA products available to the many people. As a diverse mix of co-workers we use our supply process expertise to balance range and space capacity with forecasting and ordering to provide customers with high availability while minimizing costs. If you’ve wonder who’s responsible for finding effective and efficient ways of picking up the products for our customers, that’s us. We’re passionate about working together to improve the customer experience at IKEA!