Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is commited to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The vision of Nokia IT is to be a trusted business partner delivering value for Nokia. In line with this, Nokia IT follows three strategic pillars: to Simplify via integration and standardization; to Enable the business as a strong business partner; to Partner to develop internal competence and establish Nokia’s digital platforms.
The Enterprise Resource Planning provides SAP services to multiple Business Groups and corporate functions, each with their own designated Business Application Owners who also act as Business Partners, representing the single face of IT to a Business Group
The Head of SAP Development has overall accountability for ensuring technical build and support of the ERP landscape meets best practices for technical requirements and aligns to industry best practices. This is achieved by managing a team of technical consultants that partner with the functional teams and technically build, configure, deliver and support custom solutions. Responsible for architecting, building, delivering and supporting the technical solutions.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities (but not limited to):
- Manage team of technical hands on SAP developers that build and support SAP solutions
- Work with SAP to understand latest technical solutions and deploy fit for purpose solutions that are scalable and meet performance requirements.
- Define and deliver ERP technical requirements and ensure these are scoped appropriately within projects
- Build a strong talented team, using internal and external resources, nurturing talent that is able to deliver solutions using internal Nokia capabilities.
- Stay abreast of latest industry and technology trends to ensure Nokia takes advantage of latest innovation
- Responsible for ensuring solutions are built, tested and cutover into production environments.
- Provide IT support for delivered solutions
- Manages team of hands on technical resources that deliver and support solutions
- Puts in place strong governance process to maintain integrity of the solution, minimizing customisations.
- Manage to agreed budgets, driving value out of software and services contracts
- Deliver to agreed scope. Ensure scope is controlled through effective Programme governance. Partners with Solution Architects to promote standard, out of box solutions to be adopted.
- Ensure quality meets compliance requirements
- Partners with Head of ERP Programme and Head of ERP Service Operations to ensure projects transition smoothly into Mode of Operations.
- Use internal and external networks to build effective teams and understand trends that Nokia need to be aware of, influencing our own ERP strategy
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies
- Bachelor degree in engineering
- Have proven track record and 10+ years experience of delivering in a complex ERP environment
- Working with Solution Architects to build and support SAP solutions.
- 10+ years of hands on experience in as many as possible of the following:
ABAP, Workflow, Java, Python
- Able to manage senior stakeholder up to Head of Business unit level
- Experience in managing technical teams in complex projects in multinational environment (leading internal, 3rd party and external partners)
- Ability to influence and lead within a matrix business (IT/Business) to shape and deliver the business plan and roadmap across business lines, collaborating closely with leadership teams
- Ability to develop sustainable relationships with key senior stakeholders
- Ability to network within the IT and business environment
- International team Management - Able to assimilate and respectfully coordinate various cultural gaps
- Building effective teams and holding them accountable for results
- Integrity and trust
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies
- Good knowledge of business processes in the field of Finance, Order Management, Supply Chain and Procurement
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Implementation of S4HANA, Central Finance, Ariba and SAP Hybris (C/4HANA)
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Worked in Telecommunications sector