Analyst - 90241601
6 Aug 2019 - 20 Aug 2019
Job Title :
Job Location :
Application Support Analyst reporting to the Application Support Manager - take responsibility for:
- Delivery of 1st Line Application Support services for application(s) under support
- Maintain system availability and supplementary services within SLA.
- Ongoing liaison with component teams for ensuring service availability.
What will you be doing?
- Delivery of 1st Line Application Support services for applications under support.
- Carry out Incident Management activities according to the process, procedures, and work instructions
- Follow the Incident Management process, procedures, and work instructions
- Incident registration, initial support & classification and update Incident records
- Incident Resolution Coordination with relevant parties - managing conference calls
- Route unresolved incidents to 2nd Line Support teams
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Obtain the technical and organisational knowledge required to perform these activities
- Pro-actively keep informed of current and past Incidents, Problems and Known Errors (e.g. if there is a network outage, all Service Desk staff are to be aware)
- If applicable, escalate to the Incident Management Process Manager
- Maintain all formal controls, documents and records to auditable levels and in compliance with current AD Application Support operation procedures and documentation standards
- Ensure key application functions and scheduled activities are completed in a timely manner and within SLA
What we’re looking for:
- Good knowledge of ITIL framework. ITIL certification preferred
- Good knowledge of CRM Tools like Service Now, Service First, Service Watch, Service Manager, etc.
- Understanding of Data Warehousing and ETL concepts (not mandatory)
§ Good understanding about Unix Commands related to file handling, process management.
§ Knowledge on AWK and SED will be an added advantage.
§ Should be able to write simple queries for data retrieval.
§ Knowledge on Database Indexes, Synonyms, Triggers
§ Knowledge on various types of Joins and its usage
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Logical, analytical approach to problem solving
- Effective team player
- Flexible approach and ability to work under pressure
- Consistent internal customer focus in a demanding environment
- Sound time management and organisational skills
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills
- Effective team player with strong customer focus
- Previous first or second line support experience
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
- Barclays recently announced the creation of a new world-class campus at Gera Commerzone located in Kharadi. All Pune based roles will eventually start to move to this new campus starting September 2019. In the run up to that, during the course of 2018, there may be transitory movements of some roles to other temporary sites. Please speak with your recruiter about the specific location plans for your role.