ASEAN & South Asia-India-Chennai
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- There is a huge focus on the Cost Management and Cost efficiency in the current Financial Services industry environment. The role is to lead the growth and strategic development of Cost Analytics portfolio within the Cost Vertical in Finance Shared Services Centre (GFS) in respect of standard process capabilities, skill sets, talent pipeline, stakeholder engagement, high quality service delivery and controls.
- Overseeing and providing on-going management direction for all processes and activities undertaken for Cost Analytics. Introduce and maintain high quality standards of service delivery.
- Drive SCB cost and competitive analytics and benchmarking, extending efforts into market intelligence, developing forward looking projections to calibrate to SCB’s performance vs. peers. External benchmarking basis the underlying industry trends.
- Partner with Global Process Managers and leaders to design and implement Standard Global Processes across areas of Cost Management and to track implementation effectiveness and gaps on a continued basis.
- Lead the team to develop a strategic roadmap for Cost CoE including capabilities of modelling, efficiency tracking, business partnering and end to end view of Cost.
- Engage senior stakeholders/business CFO’s to drive conversations in agreeing to deliver a shared agenda of improvements/enhancements within the cost management processes.
- Understand the pain areas and provide recommendations for a more efficient and effective end to end process for Cost Management including technology related aspects.
- Agreements are met / exceeded. Embed a culture of continuous process and efficiency improvement within all teams and ensure that a process exists to constantly identify and implement improvement opportunities. Deliver on annual productivity/cost saves targets.
- Constantly explore opportunities for migration in the hub. Build compelling cases for end to end migration from countries. Work closely with business and country CFOs to augment on this.
- Contribute to the strategic development of the centre & drive GFS collective agenda.
- Work with HR to enhance the talent / skill sets to meet the growing complexity and needs of finance. Ensure that right talent is attracted and retained for all key roles; actively work on attrition management for the unit. Create sufficient bench to manage attrition efficiently.
- Evaluate options for continuously promoting forums for employee engagements. Encourage employees on their creativity, learning and development & improve work life balance.
- Contribute to transformational agenda in terms of strategic, consensus building, driving and contributing to objectives. Participate and Support in all Global initiatives as applicable from time to time.
- Effectively lead change, manage and escalate risks arising out of transition of new processes
KEY COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE:
- All the CFOs of the countries & Group served by .
- Various business heads of
- SCB GBSHR, GPS, Fin, Risk & Compliance
- A seasoned Finance Professional with a leading Global Financial Institution.
- Strong Analytical and Strategic mindset coupled with a thorough understanding of Performance Management.
- Ability to understand and connect business drivers and rationale for and application of those relevant to the cost management process.
- Significant experience of working with senior management team and of interfacing with and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Experience of having participated in any relevant strategic or finance related projects like Business Efficiency, cost optimisation/reduction projects.
- Substantial experience of banking, depth and breadth of knowledge in processes especially in the areas of Management Reporting.
- Experience of having led large teams including senior & experienced professionals.
- A leader, a team player with the management ability and track record to secure the confidence and respect of the peers, stakeholders and the executive management team.
- Ability to culturally orient in diverse & international team environment and lead and inspire multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, multi task, lead through ambiguities, influence where he/she does not have direct authority & build on unstructured formative situations
Chartered Accountant with years of relevant finance experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, Performance management, quantitative analysis, and market share analysis and/or competitive analysis
REPORTS TO (Primary):
- Strong understanding of financial industry, specifically banking products and services
- In-depth knowledge of the drivers of businesses performance and relevant key performance measures of Banking business
- Effective communication skills, including presenting and influencing senior management.
- Make sound decisions/influence making sound decisions based on business priorities
- Comfortable dealing with incomplete information, uncertainty, change and dealing with ambiguities
- Excellent Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid people and project management skills.
- Leadership skills and ability to influence others in decision making
- Relationship and stakeholder management skills is important
- Initiative and proactive thinking
Senior Vice President
REPORTS TO (Secondary):
Global Process Manager, Performance Management
DIRECT REPORTS :
Senior Managers of Finance
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.