Business Management & Operations
WHAT YOU'LL DO
BCG’s Corporate Finance & Strategy practice (CFS) is seeking to recruit a Regional Practice Area Manager (RPAM) AP (Asia Pacific). This entails the management and coordination of the agenda and business in the region. As a RPAM AP you will work closely with the leadership and management of the practice (primarily with the Regional Practice Area Leader of CFS in AP, the Global Practice Management Director (GPMD), senior stakeholders from businesses and systems as well as the practice’s management and operations team), ensuring that all center activities run smoothly. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and all the processes that this involves (people affiliation, business planning, commercialization activities, communications, meetings, budgeting, marketing). In this position, you will be part of CFS’ management & operations team, working closely with the Global Practice Management Director (GPMD) in Germany, the Marketing team, and Practice Area Manager/Coordinators (PACs), and participating in other key CFS projects (regional and global). This role will have a dotted line report for a Practice Area Manager/Coordinator (PACs) in AP
YOU'RE GOOD AT
Support of the Regional PAL
- Being a thought partner to the RPAL on the agenda and plan conception and execution
- Leading the implementation of the RPAL’s action plan to develop the region (driving initiatives, becoming the go-to person to leaders of the practice and beyond with regard to the regional CFS agenda)
- Being the key interface to the global practice management & operations and representing the practice’s regional interest and synchronizing the efforts in the interface of regions, industries and functions
- Ad hoc support to RPAL, system nodes and other key stakeholders in the region
- Performing regular financial analyses/reporting and follow-up topic key performance indicators (NCCs, pyramid building) – track progress and intervene when needed
Pushing commercialization and affiliation
- Develop a plan to help grow the commercialization of CFS topics in the region by teaming with key stakeholders (e.g. business leads, topic leads, industry leads) and execute it
- Develop a plan to manage the people networks and grow the affiliation by building systems to recruit consultants into the practice and support them to succeed with the practice involvement
- Support business development efforts by leading the marketing/communication concept and event management of the region and align this closely with the marketing team
- Representing all CFS topics to the regional leadership and being a connector of stakeholders
Participating in regional/ global projects
- Conducting agenda planning, budget management, and organization for regional/global meetings (within and beyond the practice), both internal and external (e.g. C-suite seat-at-the-table events)
- Support global and regional PA projects (e.g. WW CFS meeting, topic related initiatives in the region)
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
Education and Experience
- Advanced degree with high academic achievements, ideally in business administration or similar
- 10+ years relevant experience, preferably in a professional services firm; significant BCG experience strongly preferred
- Experience as a consultant or professional in, or knowledge of, business management, consulting, corporate finance or strategy other equivalent areas space is a plus
- Proactive, creative, thinking outside the box, self-starter, highly solution-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, conveying a positive personal and professional image, able to engage all levels of seniority
- Able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, global, intellectually intense, and service-oriented environment with people at all organizational levels
- Good organizational skills and effective management skills to manage multiple parallel tasks, ability to set priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Rigorous and analytical approach to the different subjects, notably planning and reporting
YOU'LL WORK WITH
Our business management and operations team members work to ensure that BCG is running smoothly, efficiently, and productively. We are made up of executive and administrative (or case team) assistants, visual service artists, receptionists, facilities staff, and the team leaders and office coordinators who manage these operations and business management jobs.
In this position, you will be part of CFS’ management & operations team, working closely with the Global Practice Management Director (GPMD), Marketing team, and Practice Area Manager/Coordinators (PACs), and participating in other key CFS projects (regional and global). This role will have a direct line report for a Practice Area Manager/Coordinator (PACs).
YOUR EMPLOYEE TYPE IS
YOUR JOB TYPE IS
WHO WE ARE
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world’s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible—and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
The Knowledge Team (KT) is a group of experts within respective fields or areas providing industry, functional and geographic expertise to consulting teams. KT members are aligned to Practice Areas, sometimes serving as members of case or project teams. KT offers insight into a topic or function derived from BCG’s knowledge base and case/project experience.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.