Aster DM Healthcare Limited is one of the largest private healthcare service providers operating in multiple GCC states and is an emerging healthcare player in India. With an inherent emphasis on clinical excellence, we are one of the few entities in the world with a strong presence across primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary healthcare through our hospitals, clinics and pharmacies. We have over 20,000 plus dedicated employees across the geographies that we are present in, delivering a simple yet strong promise to our different stakeholders: “We’ll treat you well.” We reach out to all economic segments in the GCC countries through our differentiated healthcare services across the “Aster”, “Medcare” and “Access” brands.
Experience - 5-8 Years (Emergency - Nursing)
Qualification - BSC Nursing
Location - Aster CMI Hospital - Hebbal
Designation - Registered Nurse
- Direct Patient Care based on Nursing Process:
- Emergency nurses specialize in assessing, intervening and stabilizing a variety of trauma and illnesses with decisive action. Due to the range of medical conditions that may require urgent treatment and care, they must be knowledgeable about general as well as specific health issues.
- The most important responsibility for an emergency nurse is understanding triage, which is a method of prioritizing injuries based on medical need. An emergency nurse must have the ability to make quick and accurate assessments about incoming patients, including both physical and mental health conditions.
- Time management is crucial in this job. Along with triage, emergency nurses must quickly ascertain the following information from incoming patients:
- Identify the medical problem
- Document medical history
- Check for any allergies and current medications
- Obtain height, weight, body temperature, heart rate and blood pressure
- Other responsibilities include moving patients, taking blood samples, cleaning and bandaging wounds, administering medications and maintaining proper supplies of medical equipment.
- As with other health care professionals, emergency nurses are expected to comply with protocols, procedures and safety policies of a health care facility. Emotional stability, communication, leadership, sympathy and attention to detail are traits common among successful emergency nurses.
- Act as a team leader as assigned.
- Preparing the list of critical assignment and make sure that it is implemented in the given time frame.
- Ensuring the patient care related items are available all the time.
- Provide direct clinical services for post-surgery patients according to established protocols and utilizes evidence-based clinical practice standards under the supervision of the unit head and departmental head.
- Ambulance orientation & Maintenance
- Delivers care using the nursing process, setting priorities in the delivery of care.
- Delegates and supervise nursing care delivered by junior Staff Nurses.
- Co-ordinates care delivered by other health professionals.
- Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the adult or elderly patient’s and family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights and is culturally competent.
- Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel during each shift
- Provide family-centred care by communicating with the family regarding the changing health care needs of their family member.
- Evaluates each shift aspect of nursing intervention and document.
- Revises care plans if outcomes cannot be met.
- Communicates evaluation and subsequent plan to patient/significant others and healthcare team.
- To participate in the performance appraisal of new Staff Nurses (Peer Review).
- To inform Nurse Manager/Head Nurse of malfunctioning equipment.
- To utilize resources effectively and efficiently.
- To participate in Nursing Quality Assurance programs.
- To encourage staff participation in unit-based Nursing Quality Improvement programs.
- To identify unsafe care practices and contribute to corrective action.
- Adheres to the hospital policies.
- Participates in the hospital quality improvement program.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients’ information.
- Adheres to the safety protocols of the hospital and ensures safety of the patients.
- Guides and supervises the work of nurse associate.
- Delegates tasks to the nurse associate and other health care assistants rationally.
- Works in accordance with the NABH and JCIA standards.
- Works collaboratively and support efforts of team members.
- Handles medico legal cases according to the organization’s protocols.
- Follows strict infection control protocols and takes responsibility in ensuring quality control related to quality monitors
- Provides end of life care according to the culture of people
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interact effectively with physicians, patients, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Aster DM Healthcare Limited is one of the largest private healthcare service providers operating in multiple GCC states and is an emerging healthcare player in India. With an inherent emphasis on clinical excellence, we are one of the few entities in the world with a strong presence across primary, secondary, tertiary, and quaternary healthcare through our hospitals, and clinics. We have over 20,000 plus dedicated employees across the geographies that we are present in, delivering a simple yet strong promise to our different stakeholders: “We’ll treat you well.”
In India, we have 13 hospitals spread across Kerala (5 hospitals) with our flagship Aster Medcity Hospital at Kochi, Bangalore (2 hospitals Aster CMI & Aster RV) + 1 upcoming (Mother & Child), 1 in Hyderabad (Aster Prime), 1 in Kolhapur (Aster Aadhar) and 4 in Andhra Pradesh ( under Aster Ramesh Hospital 2 in Vijayawada, 1 in Guntur and 1 in Ongole). Most of our hospitals are NABH accredited with Medcity n Aster Ramesh (Guntur) JCI accredited.
In terms of revenue, we are USD 1.14 Bn company in which India contributes 17% and rest by GCC as of FY’19. Going forward we are also venturing into Pathology business (Aster Labs) by April’2020 n Pharmacy business in Jan ’21 apart from 3 new hospitals in next 3 years in India.
We have Centre of Excellence across various specialties like Neurosciences, Cardiac Sciences, Integrated Liver Care, Orthopaedics, Onco, Gastro, Nephro, etc. in most of our hospitals. In summary, most of our hospitals are tertiary and quaternary care setups. Kerala with 4 hospitals and 1 educational institute forms a cluster, Bangalore with 2 hospitals + 1 hospital in Kolhapur forms another cluster and Andhra+Telangana another cluster.