We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Job Title & Purpose
Job Title Safety Assurance Engineer (SAE) product/program development.
Purpose of the Job
Manage, perform and ensure the activities related to safety assurance are applied in the Programs (products and systems)
- product/program development Safety Assurance Engineer reports directly to Regional Center Safety Manager/Safety Assurance Manager
Key Network & Links
- product/program development Engineering (Design, VI&T, RAM)
- Program Core Team
- Safety Assurance team within APAC and other development center
- Networking between Project SAM and product/program development SAM
- External Interface with Safety Stakeholders (ISA, Safety Authorities) Mission
- No "NO GO" for Safety reasons in Gate Reviews
- Assessment Findings: Low rework due to External / Internal Assessments
- No Late Safety Requirements identification
- Safety Findings: Quality of the inputs
Coordinate all the Safety Assurance activities on the product/program development. Perform Safety analysis, manage Hazard Log, review RAM, VI&T, T&C activities from a Safety perspective
Build the Safety Reports and the Safety Case
Apply the safety assurance methodologies (risk acceptance criteria, safety analysis, verification and validation) defined for the project / system / product
Application of CENELEC standards EN50126, EN50128, EN50129 with good understanding on EN50128.
Application of software coding rules, software development life cycle.
Organize and attend periodic Safety Reviews
Defend Safety Case argumentations in front of internal (QS, Safety Assessor) and external (ISA) assessors; define and follow-up action plans to close the findings of the assessor
Manage (if any) the Safety Assurance Engineers involved on the project / system / product
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.