"J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
The Consumer Banking Specialist is responsible for providing timely resolutions to our Consumer and Community Banking customer’s queries. They will connect with our customers through inbound/outbound calls regarding transactions on their accounts such as payments, loans, charges/fees, interest rates, rewards and other issues.
The Business Planning and Analysis (BP&A) team is a part of Consumer and Community Banking Finance and Operations. The Quantitative Workforce Optimization (QWO) team is tasked with delivering quantitatively driven solutions to support the core BP&A functions (demand forecasting, capacity planning, resource scheduling, and business analysis & support). The BP&A team supports Chase’s call centers, back office, and ~5,200 retail branches.
Projects engaged by the QWO team can be complex, data intensive, and of a high level of difficulty, each having significant impact on the business. Typically these problems will be of an unstructured nature, whereby the employee will be expected to quickly assess and comprehend the situation then develop a practical problem solving strategy. You will be expected to analyze the topic in question, develop solution proposals and review their results and next steps with management for prioritization and delivery.
The QWO team has four core functions:
- Data Infrastructure & Controls
- Run-the-Bank Quant
- Change-the-Bank Quant
Change the Bank analyst are responsible for developing advanced analytics using a variety of statistical modeling and machine learning methods, algorithms and techniques, e.g., predictive modeling, forecasting, statistical analysis, optimization, and simulation modeling. This position provides an exceptional opportunity to make a difference at a premier financial institution. In this role, you will have an excellent career path and numerous opportunities for both personal and professional development in an intellectually stimulating environment.
- Leverage a wide range of data analysis, machine learning and statistical modeling algorithms and methods to solve business problems in the area of Marketing analytics
- Evaluate the current operational environment and identify opportunities to leverage advanced analytics.
- Apply critical thinking skills and perform advanced analytics with the goal of solving complex and multi-faceted business problems.
- Generate deep insights through the analysis of data and understanding of operational processes and turn them into actionable recommendations.
- Perform advanced quantitative and statistical analysis of large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and correlations that can be used to improve business performance.
- Become a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in the analytics discipline.
- Demonstrate excellent organization skills throughout the development of analytical solutions (data analysis documentation, hypothesis documentation, code management, etc.).
- Build and deploy prototype solutions to demonstrate ideas and prove concepts.
- Effectively communicate with project team members and sponsors throughout the project lifecycle (status updates, gaps/risks, roadblocks, testing outcomes, etc.).
- Develop presentations to summarize and communicate key messages to senior management sponsors and colleagues.
- Work independently and collaboratively (as needed) within the team to achieve the desired outcomes of an analytical project.
- Actively contribute to the continuous learning mindset of the organization by bringing in new ideas and perspectives that stretch the thinking of the group.
- Must be available to support models in production environment
M.S. or Ph.D. in Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or related quantitative field
Experience and Technical Skills
- 7+ years’ experience developing predictive models, forecasting models and/or machine learning algorithms in a large-scale, corporate environment with 4+ years in financial services
- Hands-on experience with a wide variety of predictive modeling, machine learning, data mining, time series forecasting and optimization algorithms
- 4+ years’ experience working with a variety of database environments (SAS, Oracle, Teradata, etc.)
- Must have with 6+ years of experience with demonstrated ability to code complex programs in Python, SAS and SQL
- Must have demonstrated experience working with production-type applications and full knowledge of the code development lifecycle (Dev, Test, Prod)
- Must have demonstrated experience in large scale data environments and ability to work efficiently with very large datasets
- Proven ability to strategically manage complex, highly-visible analytical projects from concept through implementation
- Proven experience leveraging job automation applications and environments (e.g., CRON, Control-M)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage all facets of the analytical project lifecycle (data exploration, hypothesis testing, code development, testing/validation, model deployment, etc.
Superior Analytical Skills
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Has an “engineering mindset”
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to delegate/collaborate with others
- Ability to translate ambiguous business problems into a conceptual analytical and technical architecture
- Passion for continuous learning and professional development
- Deep curiosity, creativity and imagination
Strong business acumen
- Ability to influence and become a trusted advisor
- Ability to partner closely with team members and business sponsors to clearly define the requirements of proposed solutions
- Ability to translate technical details, observations and results into business language
- Proven effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively navigate an occasionally ambiguous, semi-structured work environment
- Ability to thrive in both independent and collaborative work environments