To strengthen our Highways Division team, we are recruiting for a Site Engineer.
Here at Jackson we are dynamic, innovative, focused, and supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result, our people get to enjoy working on a range of exciting and varied projects.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life, and to support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
The ideal candidate for this position will be located near the Dartford area and able to work nights. We are looking for someone with previous experience in Street Lighting projects and maintenance projects as the successful candidate will initially be working on a scheme which involves renewing the street lighting and cabling.
Works on this site will include:
- Drilling to remove and replace panels and formwork components
- Working at height from MEWPS to remove and replace panels and formwork components
- Decontamination of possible asbestos coated panels
- Electrical isolations for works taking place near “running-man” signs and electricity distribution cabinets
Are you the person we are looking for?
We are seeking a proactive problem solver, a confident communicator, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals.The ideal candidate will have previous experience of, highways working for a main contractor. Must also have a CSCS card in the appropriate discipline and ideally educated with a Civil Engineering degree or equivalent.
Due to the nature of the role a full UK driving license is essential and the successful candidate will be happy to travel and work nights.
Excellent benefits package and personal development opportunities:
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer:
- Life assurance cover (4x annual salary)
- Company pension scheme (we match up to 6%)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (with an option of buying more holiday)
- Extensive training programmes
- Employee Assitance Programme
- Employee benefits platform
- Regular fun days and a broad range ofcharity events
- A supportive business that genuinely wants to help you progress in your career
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations