- 1+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience in manual testing
- Experience in automation testing
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years test engineering experience.
- Understanding of QA processes and concepts including test plan, test case preparation, and testing methodologies, agile a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance.
- Define test plans, test suites, test cases as well as utilize automated tools to optimize the STLC.
Amazon's Ring is looking for is looking for high-energy, detail-oriented, and technically-savvy Quality Assurance Engineers to perform quality assurance testing. QAEs at Amazon are excellent individual contributors capable of understanding business requirements and converting them to QA understandable testcases, driving test execution and capturing errors. QAEs would be trying to understand application performance, functionality, features to great depth which would enable them to report issues and take ownership and drive them to closure. QAEs are highly accurate in performing application tests, reporting the behavior ensuring that there is no ambiguity while reproducing issues. High quality and accuracy is maintained throughout the application release without compromising on deadlines.
Role Responsibilities:As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will:
- Work closely with engineers and business owners throughout the development and testing lifecycle, including the requirements gathering and design
- Drive the creation of test plans and test cases
- Efficiently execute test cases across all functional and UI areas of our products
- Interpret and report testing results, and be an advocate for quality in every phase of the development process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially excellence in technical communications with peers who may be remote.
- Ability to drive consensus within a team and influence outcomes in technical decision-making.
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results.
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.