Social Worker will be the focal person for all FBC initiatives at AARAMBH, and will work very closely with Miracle team in all stages of transformation. Must be an MSW with at least 3 years of experience of working in communities with children, families and other stakeholders. Preference will be given to candidate with experience in conducting child and family assessments and family strengthening, family/community reintegration &proficiency in report writing.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assessing strengths and areas of improvement for all children by preparing their ICPs in consultation with the concerned child, CCI Social Worker, in charge, consultant psychologist, Coaching Teachers, House Parents/Caretakers and other professionals involved in the process (EC and PC: Miracle)
- Conducting family assessment through home visits using the SIR tool (JJ Form No. – 22)
- Conducting community assessments in the identified hotspots as needed by meeting Key Informants and Conduct FGDs in the targeted communities.
- Conducting risk assessment for the children planned for reunification with family as well as for children already reunified
- Mapping resources in the identified intervention communities,sourcing out available government schemes and resources & connecting them to families in need
- Engaging and Establishing working relationship& coordinating with different stakeholders for accessing suitable resources in the community (NGOs, CBOs, private institutions, BCPCs, VCPCs, SMCs, Panchayat and/or any other Government structures in the community)
- Preparation and Service Design:
- Preparing children and families for reunification/independent living with the help of structured activities, working closely with other professionals in CCI team and consultant psychologist
- Identification of issues at family level and develop suitable interventions with the support of the Incharge and outreach worker - guided by Miracle team (EC, PC, PM)
- Identifying services delivery system (PHC, Educational other community resources) available in the community & establish linkages of families/children with these agencies per the need
- Create Community support system for families to offer respite care, parenting skills, material support, childcare etc.
- Ensuring child participation
- Build life skills for children of ALL age-groups through regular LSE follow-up
- Create an advocacy/volunteer group of children for addressing child protection issues in the community
- Part of Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT), Presenting cases in case discussion meetings regarding placement decisions
- Post Placement Follow-ups
- Conduct Post Placement follow-up (visits/phone)– Addressing adjustment issues & providing need based on site trainings to parents on parenting skills, attachment, positive disciplining etc.
- Follow up with key persons/organisations in the community assisting the family
- Report writing and maintain documentationof the initiatives * Conducting staff training on key components in family based and alternative care * Supervision and regular follow up of the activities of the outreach worker as needed * Coordinating with accounts and finance team as needed
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Masters’ Degree in Social Work / Child Development with of 3-5 years of proven experience in implementing, monitoring & learning in related fields, especially child development
- Good understanding of and commitment to familybased care/deinstitutionalization, child rights/human rights, child protection & J. J. Act
- Computer skills, including internet and office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint for data management, analysis and presentation. Experience with Salesforce will be an added advantage
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹15,000.00 to ₹25,000.00 /month
- work: 3 years (Preferred)
- total work: 2 years (Preferred)
- Community & Social Service