Join us as a Tech Lead Development, and contribute to the technical estate and architecture of Treasury applications.
What the Business does
This role is based in the Treasury Solutions at Enterprise Solutions reporting to the Manager – Development.
The Treasury Solutions team is carrying out a transformational technology investment programme for Group Treasury. The systems range from Front Office Liquidity Portfolio Management, Term Debt Issuance and Securitisation platforms through to Back office analytical tools, regulatory reporting and a Treasury data warehouse. A large part of our work involves consolidating large data sets from multiple disparate systems and then transforming that data into a business usable format to meet both internal and regulatory reporting deadlines. Our technologies of choice are ASP.Net, C#, MS SQL Server and Power BI toolset.
As a Tech Lead Development , your key responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with business, development and support teams to design and build specific components of the project.
- Adopt work culture in Agile development using Scrum methodology, participate and strive towards continuous improvement
- Own end-end delivery of your tasks including requirement capture, analysis, design, development, unit testing, code reviews and supporting UAT
- Implementing best practices and contribute to improve existing processes
- Prepare and/or review the technology related documents and influence the global team with the prepared design.
- Develop, debug, code and unit test the requirement according to architecture principles.
- Resolve the technical problems of varying degree of complexity.
- Ensure code is maintainable and coded with attention to robustness, performance, stability, scalability and testability.
- Doing effective code and unit test review
- Problem solving with ownership and accountability of fixing issues
- Collaborate and partner with Business Analyst and Project Manager to understand business requirements
- Works in compliance with the policies and standards of the Agility, DevOps and adjacent CoEs and enable teams to focus on the continuous delivery of value
- Coach and mentor feature/platform teams to higher levels of Agile/DevOps capability, to drive continuous improvements and deliver enhancing the end customer experience.
- Ensuring that the culture of the business supports balanced risk decisions and compliance with policy, laws and regulations. Also, ensuring that the business has effective mechanisms for identifying, reporting and managing risk and controls. Apply ‘Yes check’ on all occasions
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- The role demands advance knowledge of complex ETL systems, Data warehouse (DW), SQL Design, Design Patterns, SQL Performance along with Technology Platforms ( ASP.Net, C#, SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and Power BI). The role is aimed for a Microsoft .Net, C # and data warehousing professional with proven experience of delivering solutions using industry standard toolsets.
The Skills you’ll need
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Engineering or equivalent
- 9+ years of IT experience with Application Development background
- 6- 8 years of experience in DW, MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
- 6- 8 years of experience in ASP.Net and C# programming languages
- 2 - 3 years of experience in Microsoft Power BI
- Proficient in developing and maintaining Web applications
- 5 years of extensive experience on data and dimensional modelling.
- Sound knowledge of Design pattern, database design , normalisation
- Sound knowledge of database design and optimisation
- Sound knowledge of ETL processing in SQL server and data-warehousing concepts
- Sound knowledge of Industry best practices and have good influential skill.
- Knowledge of tools like JIRA, TeamCity, stash, git
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success.
- Experience in Finance domain, specific to treasury will be plus
Our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 19 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet and exceed their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy and our team in India is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
We’ll make sure you’re clear on what’s expected of you in your role, that you have what you need so that you’re capable of succeeding, and that you’re motivated to do your best work. We’re a place where you can grow your career, build skills, expand your horizons and be recognised for the great contributions you make.
Your reward is about much more than just your salary. Our benefits packages are designed to be flexible, giving you the freedom to make choices which fit your lifestyle, and your plans for the future.
We care about diversity, and we believe everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work. And as an equal opportunity employer, we invite applicants from all sections of the community including across gender identities, orientations, physical and mental capabilities, cultures and ages. We want you for the work you’ll do.