Research Associate—Beauty and CPG
The Coresight Research team, based in New York, London, Hong Kong, and India is a think tank that follows emerging retail and tech trends, specializing in the ways retail and technology intersect, and builds collaborative communities. The team, led by Deborah Weinswig, an award-winning retail and technology analyst, delivers cutting-edge research on topics such as the evolving retail landscape, changing consumer behavior, disruptive retail technologies and the future of supply chains in sectors such as apparel, beauty, grocery and furniture. More information can be found at Coresight.com.
Based in Mangalore and reporting into the Head of India, the Research Associate will conduct research, analysis and writing to the highest standards, with a focus on Beauty and Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) in the US and European markets.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Develop a deep understanding of our clients and the key challenges they face in the US and European market in regards to Beauty and CPG
- Candidates will devise and write research reports, articles, presentations, datasets and other content for publication, on behalf of clients, and for colleagues within Coresight Research which include company financial results, analysis of sourcing and supply chains, retail sectors and consumer-product markets, trends and themes in retail and technology, and custom and ad-hoc queries
- Contribute ideas for new research projects and publications within Beauty and CPG to be undertaken personally, by the local team or by the broader Coresight Research team
- Keep abreast of US and European industry news and emerging trends with a focus on Beauty and CPG, in order to identify topical subjects to research
- Build on existing knowledge to become an industry specialist in Beauty and CPG in the US and European markets
- Mentor research assistants and interns, including reviewing the output of junior colleagues and acting as a point of contact on issues such as industry knowledge, financial research and general research methodologies.
- Represent Coresight Research at industry events and conferences.
- A Master's degree in Business, Mathematics, Finance or other quantitative disciplines (MBA or CFA would be a plus)
- 3+ years of experience in Beauty and CPG in the US and European markets
- Knowledge of US and European companies, trends, themes and market performance in Beauty and CPG
- Strong writing and oral communication skills; experience of business-style writing for publication
- Extremely detail-oriented/ self-motivated/ strong time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Knowledge of other applications and finance database would be a plus)
- Ability to work with team members located in different time zones
- Willingness to travel
Coresight Research offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package, an entrepreneurial work environment, and realistic growth potential. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce. We are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity and any other characteristic protected by law. Coresight Research is an equal opportunity employer.