Vestas power solutions is where new product ideas or technologies are matured, developed, tested and improved. To put it short, VPS is the cornerstone of Vestas. We are shaping the future of Modern energy.
Design Centre, Chennai DC Turbine Solutions, DC Towers
DC tower is extension of global tower engineering department. The department is responsible for provide customised tower solution for sales order, design modification for local market and to provide innovative design solution for life extension of old turbine tower along with fulfilling certification need.
Focus is on securing sound, cost-optimized and production friendly solutions and at the same time fulfilling the overall requirements to safety and functionality for the products. Additionally, process efficiency and coordinate time reduction is of key importance in order to fulfill Vestas's overall vision of delivering products, which are configured to customer needs in a timely manner.
- Incumbent is responsible to guide sub-department within Tower engineering.
- Coordinate sub- department of team size of 15 + employees (Full time + consultants).
- Team development and focus on talent development
- Define improvement initiatives and innovation.
- Conduct regular performance review and evaluation and provide feedback and follow up.
- Resource plan and engagement of the sub-department by ensuring department productivity
- Internal and external stakeholder alignment
- Attain business objective and exceed business KPIs.
- Drive diversity, global culture mindset and Vestas values in the team.
- B.Tech/ M.tech in Mechanical/ Civil engineering from reputed (global or national level) institute
- around 10 years of experience in a product development company.
- 3-5 years experience in people/project leadership.
- Leadership trainings from reputed institute or organization
- Experience of directing team/ project of significant size in a matrix organization
- Global mindset with ability to collaborate with cross culture and cross functional team.
- Guide the change in progressive environment with good focus on business.
- Good communication and people skill
- Self driven and able to demonstrate leadership quality.
What We Offer
We offer a challenging workplace with solid professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment with the world's leading wind turbine manufacturer.
We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a good technical commitment
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,500 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.