Quality Assurance Manager
Amazon Dev Center India - Hyd
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant testing experience.
- Experience in testing high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Experience with a number of different programming languages and test automation technologies
- Can juggle testing of multiple releases with multiple dependencies
- Experience with employee development, performance management and delivering results.
- Problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements and effectively prioritize program deliverables.
- Presentation and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to build partnerships with senior leaders across a variety of groups throughout Amazon
The AB organization is comprised of Engineers – SDEs, QAEs and TPMs, Researchers, Designers, Product Managers and Inside Sales teams, all tasked with a singular goal to create a world class and differentiated shopping experience for business customers. You will be a key member of this organization, member of the AB Product Leadership Team, dedicated to our ongoing effort to launch best of breed business shopping features worldwide. The AB team has signed up for transformative goals in 2020 and this could be a breakout opportunity in one’s career at Amazon.
We are looking for a leader to build a high performing organization You will be responsible for leading a team of talented SDETs and QA Engineers responsible for supporting numerous clients across the Amazon Business enterprise. The successful candidate will look at the big picture from business and technical perspectives and will have proven experience driving quality and stability for a 24x7 environment with new QA development to support the growing scale and complexity.
We prefer candidates who can thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment where we deliver value incrementally and frequently. We value highly technical, hands-on, data driven leaders who know their subject matters deeply and are willing to learn new areas. We look for individuals who will set aside meaningful time to develop themselves and their teams as we continually learn from customers. Its still Day 1!
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for the end to end ownership of a world-wide QA team, including setting the technical vision for developing test frameworks and automation for our systems to serve Amazon Business needs.
- Build and manage SDETs and QAEs that are responsible for developing and maintaining software for testing our B2B stack.
- Be a champion of quality and operational excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of quality and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvements.
- Establish a consistent, project management framework and excellent development processes to deliver high quality software, in rapid iterations, for business partners in multiple geographies.
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long term vision.
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing engineers.
- Raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences.
- Experience with designing tools and frameworks
- Experience with responsibility for teams of 5+ people.
- Experience with performance and scalability testing, latency testing a plus
- Deep understanding of system architecture and experience with large complex distributed transactional systems.
- Has experience and conviction around measures to quantify software quality.
- Can propose tradeoffs and provide risk assessment to stakeholders
- Thinks big, has vision and is a vocal leader and can communicate on that vision to team members
- Proven track record to creating and executing on highly effective quality processes