Some people go to work.
At RingCentral, you’ll change the way the world works.
RingCentral is the global leader in cloud-based communications and collaboration software. We are fundamentally changing the nature of human interaction—giving people the freedom to connect powerfully and personally from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
We’re a $1.5 billion company that’s growing at 30+% annually and we’re expanding our Information Technology (IT) Team to make sure we stay ahead of the competition.
We are looking for a Senior Desktop Systems Specialist to provide an outstanding, high quality, professional, and technical leadership within the company for our Bangalore, India. location. The main responsibility is to provide recommendation, implementation, maintenance, and support of IT End User Services (EUS) solutions specializing in taking Site IT Support to the next level for the company.
The Desktop Systems Specialist is encouraged to recommend and implement solutions, provide IT project management, maintenance and support of network, voice, printer, mobile device, hardware, software, operating system, and applications residing on the RingCentral IT environment with the sole purpose of ensuring that the IT environment adds value, is cost effective, reliable, updated, and available to RingCentral businesses and employees.
- Pro-actively collaborate with site business leaders and work with global IT leadership to identify, recommend, develop, and implement solutions
- Implement IT solutions working with IT Engineers and relevant vendors and/or internal RingCentral departments on IT solutions and processes to improve and optimize the support provided to RingCentral personnel.
- Works proactively with Human Resources and internal IT teams to on-board new personnel providing input into continuous improvement in the on-boarding process.
- Provide Audio/Video conference installation and support for onsite/offsite presentations, events, and meetings
- Provide improvement, and maintenance of IT Support services, processes and procedures.
- Provide service and/or technology leadership leading the direction and ensuring alignment to the roadmap of IT service/technology.
- Follow standard ITSM/ITIL processes and procedures
- Provide support for day to day troubleshooting of Site IT related issues as well as move, add, change and delete requests coming through the Helpdesk ticketing system.
- Ensure there is priority and focus on support for leadership and Executives in the company.
- Lead, host meetings and actively participate and be available for IT related escalations as required.
- Lead and participate in user/equipment moves, repair/maintenance/support of Site IT hardware (local network infrastructure, printers, PC’s, accessories, voice equipment, mobile phones, A/V, etc.), software (Windows OS, MacOS, MS Office Suite, Virus and Spyware mitigation, etc..), and applications (O365, Google Drive, InContact, Google Apps, RingCentral Services, etc..)
- Ensure standards are in place, implemented and updated for configuration of Site IT hardware, operating system, drivers, accessories, audio/visual equipment, telecom, VOIP, local network, printers, desktop and mobile phones.
- Lead vendor delivering services to the site such as Internet Service Providers, cable and satellite TV, networking and audio/visual providers.
- Provide communications on all escalated issues to business leaders, management and other support teams. Document progress of escalated incidents.
- Be available on call 24x7 to support onsite Site IT incidents and critical issues.
- Manage the IT Hardware assets and shipping, logistics requirements for the local site from the vendor and user perspective
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, CS, MIS, Business, or related field
- Experience with executive level onsite and remote support in an enterprise corporate setting
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting Apple, Google and Microsoft based configurations (iPad, iOS, iPhones, MacBooks, Microsoft Windows based desktops/laptops, Android devices and related software like Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc..)
- Proven record of troubleshooting and problem solving IT infrastructure services (Active Directory, Networking, Servers) and Applications (Software as a Service vendors like Office 365 Apps, Google Drive, Google Apps, Confluence, etc.) in relation to the impact on Site IT services.
- Experience supporting and recommending audio / video technology and equipment (Projection, TV, PolyCom, Apple AirServer/AirPlay, ClickShare, etc.)
- Experience setting up, installing, cabling, maintaining office Audio/Visual, PC Laptop and network related equipment.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision from direct manager
- Strong sense of urgency with an attitude of never giving up until the issue is closed to the happiness of the customer.
- Excellent customer service and communications oriented skills with the ability to handle sensitive and challenging support situations with a calm and methodical approach.
- Self-motivated individual capable of working in a face-paced, multifaceted environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
RingCentral’s IT team ensures company data is accessible, secure, and optimized in ways that provide maximum competitive advantage. We are constantly discovering, developing and deploying innovations that power productivity and drive better decisions for our customers. Our IT professionals are talented, ambitious, out-of-the-box thinkers who love to learn on the job—planning, deploying and maintaining state-of-the-art technology to deliver flawless performance 24/7/365.
RingCentral’s work culture is the backbone of our success. And don’t just take our word for it: we are recognized as a Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, the Top Work Culture by Comparably and hold local BPTW awards in every major location. Bottom line: We are committed to hiring and retaining great people because we know you power our success. RingCentral offers on-site, remote and hybrid work options optimized for the ways we work and live now.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE:
RNG) is a leading provider of business cloud communications and contact center solutions based on its powerful Message Video Phone™ (MVP™) global platform. More flexible and cost effective than legacy on-premises PBX and video conferencing systems that it replaces, RingCentral® empowers modern mobile and distributed workforces to communicate, collaborate, and connect via any mode, any device, and any location. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.