Senior Manager – Business Development
Senior Associate Director
This is a middle level business development position under the sector and will closely work with the Senior associate director / Director – Business development in identifying suitable business opportunities, developing consortium, identifying appropriate professionals to lead the implementation of the projects, submission of bids within the timeframe and provide support in grounding newly won projects. Some of the important responsibilities of this position are:
- Work with the senior management in identifying trendsetter ideas by researching in health, nutrition & Wash space publications, and announcements
- Develop and strengthen relationships with current and potential donors and partners, and help to position the organization for new business development.
- Coordinate between the BD team and the Technical Experts for requirements of Identify business development opportunities from international and bilateral agencies, as well Government clients in alignment with the strategic plan of IPE Global;
- Analyze RFPs/EoIs issued by donors; assess appropriateness; explore partnership options; and facilitate a process for taking action.
- Develop network and relationships with other consultancy firms, institutions and individuals working in the sectors;
- Lead in the proposal development process for large, complex bids by working closely with program and operations staff and with external partner organizations. This includes partnership negotiation, planning and facilitation of internal and external strategy meetings in collaboration with program/sector team, allocation of human and financial resources, and leadership of proposal development teams as appropriate.
- Draft sections of technical proposals such as approach & methodology, the management plan, capability statement and staffing sections, and other areas as appropriate.
- Assist with the strategic marketing and bid decision making process
- Develop systems, including standard operating procedures and templates, to ensure maximum technical and financial quality of IPE Global submissions, and to track and monitor new business development.
- Collaborate with technical and finance staff in the review of proposal budget submissions to ensure synergy between the technical response, budget response, and the solicitation.
- Negotiate with subcontractors, proposed employees, and consultants as necessary.
- Provide regular briefings to senior staff regarding development opportunities and bid status, keeping them fully abreast of all opportunities and proposals.
- Build institutional relations and brand of the company in the health and related sector channels with the client;
- Over time, assume increased responsibilities as a member of the senior management team of the company; Work with the senior management in developing and executing a sector growth strategy
- Masters or higher degree in areas of Business Administration, Health Administration, and other related fields
- Extensive knowledge of and networks with various health sector actors and various multi- and bi-lateral donors;
- Minimum 8-12 years’ experience in Research, Business Development and Programme Management in Health and Nutrition sectors;
- Experience of working on long term Technical Assistance Projects in Health and related sectors.
- Excellent Client Management and coordination skills including demonstrated experience of successfully undertaking client negotiations
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Good presentation skills and proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex information.
- Being pro-active and ability to work with minimum level of supervision
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic teams.
- Fluency in English and ability to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing.
IPE Global is committed to using fair, objective and positive employment practices to promote equal opportunities and diversity in employment, ensuring that all employees including potential employees are treated fairly, consistently and with respect, before, during and after, their employment. We seek to create an environment that is representative of, and responsive to, different groups.