AVP KYC Client Maintenance
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
- If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
The AVP, Client maintenance will play a critical role in the success of the KYC Standard Refresh team through strong and effective management & leadership and the provision of skilled technical and analytical support, enabling the business to meet the requirements of the Standard Refresh remediation project and protect the Bank’s licence to trade.
This is an exciting and fantastic opportunity to join and lead a fast moving KYC team to deliver KYC/AML regulatory objectives whilst delivering a first class service to stakeholders and clients alike. This role provides the opportunity to work in partnership with other Barclays Corporate teams as well as our wider business functions.
As a senior manager and specialist of the KYC (Know Your Customer) Standard Refresh team you will manage a team who will be responsible for the remediation and ongoing KYC Refresh activities for our Corporate/IB clients. It will be your responsibility to drive a high value, business critical, KYC control function whilst maintaining high productivity, high standards in quality and to lead, motivate and develop your team.
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- A specialist member of the team responsible for providing high value technical KYC support to the KYC team and ensuring KYC due diligence has been completed in accordance with the Bank's guidelines with UK & Global financial regulation
- Lead, manage and motivate a high performing KYC team with a focus on high standards, quality, customer service, controls, execution and delivery
- Support Head of KYC in building a best in class ‘Go To’ team for expertise and embed culture of ‘Right First Time’ across KYC
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across KYC, Financial Crime, Compliance and Coverage in order to champion or challenge policy and procedural changes as needed
- Work collaboratively with KYC management on the interpretation of AML policy into KYC Operational procedures
- Support Head of KYC to embed a strong control framework and embed a culture of risk
- Provide focused training and coaching support in KYC methodology and best practice to drive “Right First Time” performance, improve standards and increase awareness throughout the KYC teams
- Ownership and management of Quality MI metrics to be assessed with the team and presented to senior management, key stakeholders
- Inspire and drive high performance in individuals and the team, enabling each member to understand his/her role in team success
- Champion colleague engagement in your teams and across the wider business - ensuring the Barclays Purpose, Values and Behaviours are at the heart of everything we do
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Good level understanding of Barclays Corporate systems
- Proven ability to make decisions using own initiative and without guidance
- Ability to contribute effectively when working with colleagues at more senior levels across KYC and with Coverage colleagues, both verbally and written
- Proven ability to analyse a significant amount of data and offer solutions and recommendations for improved operational control efficiency.
- Proven experience in KYC roles and thorough understanding of KYC
- Experience of working with key stakeholders e.g. Financial Crime and Relationship Teams
- Ability to contribute effectively when working with senior colleagues, across the breadth of business/strategic issues
- Proven ability to prioritise effectively, setting direction and targets, balancing resources and management stake and Proven Leadership experience including recruitment, structuring, leading and motivating operational teams to deliver results against stretching performance targets
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do:
Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our flexible working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.