- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experiences.
- Expertise in Excel, VBA , SQL (basic,) and Ms Access (Basic)
- Excellent planning, time and project management skills with the ability to deal with multiple demands on time and deal with ambiguity.
- Strong data mining skills, and experience working with Production Environment Metrics such as Forecasting, AHT, Shrinkage, Overtime and FTE)
- Ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between Associates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team.
- Strong consulting skills, alongside a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member
- Understanding of workforce management programs
The TRON team is an initiative which partners with the Amazon Robotics team to remotely handle exceptions in the Amazon Robotic Fulfillment Centers in North America. The TRON technology enables the human supervisory control of automated tasks. In the TRON system, a remote associate provides supervisory control when automated tasks fail for any reason. This allows us to avoid falling into the 90/10 trap where a task can be 90% automated but requires 90% of the time for the last 10% of functionality. Our strategy is to employ a human-as-sensor model and allow humans to perform just those portions of a task that require higher order cognitive ability.
TRON operations is hiring a Workforce Manager. This person is responsible for developing and implementing staffing and workflow models for headcount planning. He/She will also be responsible to manage workflow operations, scheduling of associates, ensuring the team meets service level goals and routing of all tasks through in-house technology. He/She will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis. The ideal candidate will possess both an optimization background that enables him/her to manage quantitative planning and a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically about customer service initiatives.
The TRON Workforce Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining schedules for TRON operators to achieve service levels and productivity goals for the site. The Workforce Manager will collaborate with key business partners and stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement of workforce utilization and service levels. The Workforce Manager should also react to changes in Daily/Weekly/Monthly volumes and handling times by determining the required staffing level changes to ensure delivery of service levels. The successful candidate will be an analytical problem solver who is comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment.
The Workforce Manager should be actively engaged with our queue and routing mechanisms to make proactive changes for long term trends, as well as real time adjustments for events that occur. He/She will be able to demonstrate exceptional customer experience, a high level of dedication, enthusiasm, and motivation and an ability to manage communication and relations with multiple stakeholders including but not limited to Site Operations, Capacity planning teams, Facilities team like IT and Transportation, HR and ERC (Employee Resource Center) team, Training team and workflow teams from other Internal sites.
The ideal candidate actively seeks to understand Amazon’s core business values and initiatives, and translates those into everyday practices.
Primary Job Functions:
- Manage scheduling methodologies for TRON operations.
- Maintain accurate records of planned and required headcount in each of the skills week over week. Keep track of skills wise movements and Attrition to make decisions about internal movements/Job postings and Hiring plan.
- Create best capacity plan for business by managing trade-offs between Customer Experience/Service Levels, Employee Experience, and Cost Effectiveness.
- Effectively plan and monitor associates adherence to assigned schedule.
- Develop and improve forecasting models using data analysis and statistical tools.
- Keep track on leave management and overtime payments. Mitigate additional overtime payments.
- Running “what-if” scenarios for associate staffing and make proper use of statistical tools.
- Coordinate with Operations, Capacity Planning and Finance teams to analyze historical data and forecast demand. Manage the analyses of daily, weekly, and monthly scheduling of site.
- Fully leverage existing technology and build new scheduling platforms and models to help business achieve success.
- Assist the development of Workforce Management & Scheduling system by partnering with in-house technology teams.
- Solid Workforce management or Business Analyst experience
- Statistical analysis experience using a statistical software package, such as JMP or Minitab. Should provide analysis support on project and new initiatives.
- Advanced analytical skills and Innovative and creative in finding solutions/ designing improved methods, systems and processes.
- High attention to detail and ability to deep dive Identify root causes of variances; further execute solutions once identified
- Ability to provide sound advice and effective communication with stakeholders, should have interest and ability to work on cross-departmental process-improvement initiatives and projects.
- Process optimization and project management orientation
- Demonstrated experience presenting to and working with senior management
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation