Shell Trading integrates a global portfolio of crude oil, refined products, natural gas, electrical power, chemicals and freight trading based in the UK, US, Canada, Singapore, The Netherlands, Japan, Barbados, United Arab Emirates, Philippines and Russia.
Currently, Trading Settlements teams are broadly divided into two areas i.e. North America (NA) and WONA (World outside NA). This position will be part of Settlements WONA Team & will lead Global Trading Banking Settlement portfolio & act as the Trading specialist on Trade Control/Compliance matters around Sanctions (GRC/HRC, Sectoral, SDNs), Money Laundering & Frauds.
Trading Specialist Trade Control/Compliance matters:
- Regular review & update Sanction, Money Laundering & Fraud related Processes/Documentation in Trading Settlement (this will involve working closely with the Trading Settlements Process Owner and Process Experts team to determine, implement & operate the most effective and efficient processes to support Trading);
- Work closely with T&S Compliance team, FO Trade Control Manager & Trading Operations Managers to keep Trading organization updated & prepared on Sanction related matters;
- Ensure documentation as per Group Records policy & to have sufficient Audit trails on all Trade Control/Compliance matters including Frauds;
- Managed clearance of blocked Sanction transactions in a controlled environment as & when required by Process Manager;
- Manage Audits/Investigations on matters around Trade Control/Compliance including Frauds;
- Keep FO Leadership updated on periodic basis on Sanctions, Frauds & Money Laundering matters in Trading;
- Conduct/arrange Trainings within Trading Settlement on Trade Control/Compliance including Frauds;
- Keep self updated on external Trade Control Environment, risks around Fraud & money laundering & keep Trading teams informed directly or through Yammers
- Work closely with Treasury & Cash Management teams to ensure effective controls around Trading Banking activities;
- Work with Process Experts & IT teams to improve current Banking Processes & infrastructure;
- Operate Key RDS SOX Control on Banking Transactions;
- As & when required (like absence of other team members), perform Banking Transactions & ensure business as usual;
- Considering changing business environment, ensure fit for purpose Banking (inc Cash Apps) org ;
- Ensure good control on cash lying in Suspense account/unallocated & work with business to clear them within defined KPIs
Contribute effectively to the wider initiatives of the Hydrocarbon leadership team.
Contribute to wider Centre level initiatives as & when required
T&S Compliance Team
FO Trade Control Manager
FOH HLT & EHLT
Treasury & Cash Managers
Currently Trading business settles $2bln of Trades per day which this position will monitor;
Baking & Cash Apps team comprises of 7 FTEs which will be reporting to this position
The relevant processes related to this position are complex & risky due to ever changing regulatory environment and often time critical. They involve working closely with very senior leadership & their teams (Compliance, Traders, Operations, FIB, Tax, Planning & Reporting, Financial accounting, Process Expert etc). Thus, this role requires a combination of intellect, maturity, strength of character, and an ability to earn respect.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or equivalent;
- 10+ years of relevant work experience (preferably in Banking, & Trade Control Risk Management portfolios);
- Prior experience of trading environments and associated financial processes /controls is preferred;
- Experience of leading a diverse team;
- Strong influencing skills to manage stakeholders with proven record on demonstrating resilience;
- Ability to drive things independently with speed;
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral;
The aim of the Shell Business Operations, Chennai is to provide the Group with operational excellence through highlighting and utilizing process improvements and functional efficiencies as well as by leveraging economies of scale. Currently, the Chennai centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell operating companies across several business sectors globally.
Set up in September 2007, the Chennai centre has grown rapidly and now , in its fourth year of operations , it has crossed the 1600 staff mark. The centre is located in the RMZ Millennia Business Park, where the Shell campus is a LEED Platinum building with world class infrastructure. The business is expected to grow further over the next two years and infrastructural additions to support this have been planned.
The main focus in Chennai is on Finance Operations which supports delivery of the global Finance functional plan. There is also a ‘Downstream India’ - Customer Services Team that handles lubricant depot ordering within the country. The Shell Business Operations (SBO Team) manages the centre facilities and supports business partners’ operations on site. There is a strong focus at SBO on safety & well being of staff and on its three core values: Compliance, Intervention & Respect.
We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment TypeFull Time
Chennai - RMZ Millenia
No. of Positions