Regional Manager I
At Ekart our continuous endeavor is to provide high quality experience to the customers by increasing operational excellence. The purpose of this job role is to lead Cluster Managers/Area Managers/Territory Manager through planning, organizing, controlling, coordinating and coaching. The Regional Manager’s role is to ensure that operations cost of the region are efficiently managed and that the assigned hubs are profitable. That standard operating procedures are adhered by the operations teams of the region at all time.
2. Duties and responsibilities
1. Accountable for all Hub Operations under the span of control and seek intervention from superior as appropriate.
2. Ensure Profitable operations in the region.
3. Continuously improve in reducing Error rate in Operations Management in the region.
4. Maintain the cost of operations as per budget in the region.
5. Ensuring Regional Performance reporting periodically.
6. Ensuring Customers in the region are delighted at all times.
7. Promptly and effectively manage customer escalations in the region along with support team.
8. Ensuring employee engagement initiatives are implemented.
9. Ensure 100% ZTP (Zero Tolerance Policy).
10. Ensuring Regional Deliverable are met and duly reported.
11. Ensure SOP Adherence in the region at all times.
12. Ensure availability of adequate and trained manpower at Hub and Region as per manpower and business plan.
13. Ensure commercial and statutory compliances are met along with the support of teams in the region.
14. Training and Development of teams in the region.
15. Managing environmental bodies effectively.
16. Ensure Succession Planning at the Region.
17. Grievance Handling and Conducting Open House/meetings with regional teams.
18. Proactively identify gaps in operations and support processes that impact operations and take preventive action.
19. Conduct Monthly Review Meeting (MRM) along with Area Managers and Support team.
- Minimum Graduate in any discipline. Master’s Degree holders will be preferred.
4. Skill and Knowledge Required
1. Operational Knowledge of Logistics/ Couriers/Retail/FMCG/FMCD industry.
2. Skill and knowledge of operating ERP used in logistics/supply chain and related industry.
3. Experience of leading and coaching regional operations and support teams.
4. Has the ability to identify, analyze and propose solutions for effective and efficient Regional operations.
5. Escalates problems and concerns related to Regional Operations proactively to seniors and support teams.
6. Should have strong customer orientation and willingness to maintain a balanced approach when resolving customer complaints.
7. Has the ability to communicate in the most effective manner with juniors, peers, seniors and customers.
8. Should know computing skills especially reasonable knowledge and skills of Microsoft Office application such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point and MS Outlook mail.
9. Should be able to coordinate with vendors and 3rd Party partners.
5. Other requirements
1. Should have complete control, ownership and accountability in managing the Hubs in their region with minimum supervision.
2. Fluency in reading and writing in English. Fluency in local/vernacular language will be preferred.
3. Has the ability to manage all environmental bodies such as Government officials and compliance inspectors, local authorities and non-governmental bodies in the region.
4. Preference will be given to those candidates who has the knowledge and skill of leading large operations and support teams in the area or region.
5. Should be an Indian National.
6. Competencies – Behaviors, Attitude, Knowledge and Skill desired for the role.
1. Comprehension & Analytical Skills
2. Customer Orientation & Focus
3. Good Business Presentation Skills
4. Interpersonal and Intrapersonal Communication Capability
5. Team Building and Employee Engagement Capability
6. Flexibility & Adaptability
7. Market Knowledge and Orientation – Understanding of competitor’s FAB (Features, Advantages and Benefits of the services offered), understanding of SWOT Analysis.
8. Situation Handling and Crisis Management Capability
9. Delegation and Empowerment Capability
11. Time Management Capability
12. Stress Management – Managing larger responsibility and being accountable
13. Coaching Skills – Understanding team member’s capability and adjusting leadership styles.
14. Positive Attitude and Assertiveness
15. Emotionally Intelligent
16. Business and Commercial Acumen
17. Key Account Management Capability
18. Selection & Interviewing Skills
19. Managing Disciplinary Process
20. Planning, Organizing and Execution Capability
21. Strategic Orientation and Business Planning
22. Managing Grievance.