Job Description – Network Engineer (NOC)
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
The Network Infrastructure and Telecom team is responsible for supervising, monitoring and developing the Networks, Infrastructure and Telecommunication of the regional Hub of BNP Paribas in the India region, liaising with BNP Paribas Head Offices where all major banking applications are hosted. Telecom Team activities plays a major role in the structure of processes that govern decision making around IT investment, client and suppliers relationships, project management.
Network Engineer -ITG NOC
SP Info city, Chennai
Business Line / Function:
Manager – ITG NOC
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The main activities of the Network engineer- NOC is to deliver remote network management services across different domains of network, voice and Security. The network services would mainly include support on WAN, LAN, Wi-Fi and MPLS technologies. Voice services includes support on IP telephony and video conferencing. Security services would mainly include support on firewall, Proxies,IPAM, Load Balancers, NAC and DDOS.
Candidate will assist the team ensuring effective service management to meet service-level agreements and control costs.
- Be a technical single point of contact and attend customer calls.
- A focal point for technical escalations.
- Coordinates root cause analysis for all day-to-day technical issues in client environments and establish recovery and prevention processes.
- Coordinates with onshore teams; interface with customers, vendors and partners for issue resolution.
- Assists the Team Leads/Delivery Manager in maintaining SLA adherence.
- Has certifications and formal trainings in the chosen area.
- Defines, implements and enforces standards and understands exception handling.
- Proposes solution alternatives, provide impact analysis for any technical changes.
- Translates high level objectives into low level work modules and tasks.
- Performs requirements gathering and design
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Minimum 16 years of education required
- 4 to 7 years of work experience required, minimum 2 years of relevant work experience required
- 2 to 5 years of work experience in network monitoring and management for global clients with large enterprise networks
- Basic skills in implementation and administration of MPLS,Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks and network security (VLANs, VPNs) and Network Products - Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Proxies, Load Balancers, Voice Gateways, Unified Communication Devices; strong knowledge of static/dynamic routing protocols(EIGRP/OSPF/BGP/ISIS), transports (Internet/MPLS/VPLS) is expected.
- Experience with one or more of CA SPECTRUM, E-health, CAPC, Infoblox Net-MRI, Service NOW,CA Spectrum,
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting Firewalls (Checkpoint, Fortinet, etc.) and Proxies (MacAfee, etc.).
- Trouble shooting skills to identify faults and ensure timely repairs.
- Experience in administration and troubleshooting of IPAM systems – DNS/DHCP/NTP (Infoblox)
- Deep expertise in installation, configuration and troubleshooting of various types network devices from vendors such as Cisco/Juniper/Nortel, WAN Links using IPSec tunnels and MPLS transport; dynamic and static routing and high availability protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP, VRRP)
- Experience in network security, load balancers and Unified Communications Devices (voice/Datacom/wireless)
- Skills in installation, configuration and troubleshooting of local area and wide area networks using Cisco hardware, leased lines / IPsec VPNs and MPLS.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- B.E or Equivalent
- CCNA (Routing & Switching)
- Checkpoint Security Administration or Fortinet Network Security Technology/Solutions
- Infoblox Administration
- ITIL V3 Foundation desirable
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage a project
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Ability to engage customers independently for ongoing incidents; high level of ownership and initiative needed; needs to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Work in rotational shifts in 24x7x365 environment.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Should be able to articulate technical concepts in documentation.