JP Morgan Introduction:
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
- We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
- We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
- We operate in more than 100 markets.
- We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
Private Bank Description
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, ultra-high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and products to Ultra High Net worth (UHNW) individuals and families around the world. We deliver highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face by leveraging the commercial and investment banking capabilities of the firm.
Job Responsibilities & Activities
J.P. Morgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities, and products to ultra-high and high net worth individuals and families in 36 countries around the world. We enjoy relationships with 40% of the individuals on the Forbes Billionaire list making us one of the largest Private Banks worldwide in terms of client assets.
We deliver highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face by leveraging the capabilities of the firm. Private Banking is involved with every facet of wealth management, including investments, liquidity and credit management, and tax and estate planning. Our business model focuses on deep client relationships, an integrated team structure and a platform of depth and breadth.
You will work as part of a team of expert client advisors (bankers, global investment specialists, wealth advisors and capital advisors). Candidates must demonstrate an interest and knowledge in financial markets, as well as possess excellent analytical, organizational, attention-to-detail, communication, leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills. Initiative, enthusiasm and confidence to complete projects are also a must. This role would suit someone who is looking for an entry level position or has some experience in the financial markets. Specific responsibilities include:
- Preparing presentations and materials for client and prospective client meetings
- Coordinating with global investment specialists, wealth advisors and capital advisors on client needs, meeting agendas, and managing client follow-up
- Assisting in account openings and account reviews
- Daily account administration
- Researching client inquiries and managing follow-up communication and materials
- Periodic updating of client information
- Client invitation/nominations for events
- Partnering with various functional partners to service clients
Personal Attributes & Requirements
- University degree holder (including MBA / CFA) and / or with 1-3 years of professional experience in a similar capacity
- Excellent stakeholder engagements skills
- Fluency in English required
- PowerPoint and Excel expertise required
- Strong understanding of the needs and sensitivities of client management
- Absolute discretion when dealing with confidential matters
- Able to work under minimal supervision; adaptable to work in demanding environment
- Detail-oriented and results-focused
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Exceptional follow-up and follow-through skills