ASEAN & South Asia-India-Chennai
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Product / Domain Knowledge:
- Strategic perspective and full understanding of Policies, Procedures and Guidelines. Able to understand the product vis-a vis the other policies and identify any gaps to mitigate operational risks
- To ensure to document the new guidelines /process and same should be approved by business/internal stakeholders to rollout .
- Work with stakeholders to operationalise the new products and draw up a process flow
- Full understanding of regulatory risks and adhere to all guidelines issued in order to have Nil observation audit report
- Ensure that Existing DOIs are revisited and new DOIS documented whenever new process is advised by thr relevant stake holders
- Ability to standardize and optimize processes across markets
- To understand the complexities existing for each of the markets and standardise the processes as appropriate after evaluating the underlying risks
- Instinctive grasp gained out of experience of linkages between sub processes and related ability to identify gaps arising from any process change
- To leverage on the experience and relate the primary process with the underlying sub processes
- To identify any gaps arising out of process changes with reference to the primary process as well as the sub processes
- Receive environmental (regulatory , credit, market) news and evaluate processes to see if improvement is needed to meet new challenges
- To be abreast of changes to guidelines issued by RBI / Group from time to time and apply such changes to the current processes followed with reference to cards payments, recoveries, rewards points redemption, loan set up based on transactions etc
- If there are any changes to the processes followed in line with the changes to the policies / guidelines issued by Group or Regulatory authorities, keep all the stakeholders informed about such changes
- Assess the impact of such changes and to evaluate such changes considering the TP systems involved, accounting systems etc
- Operates and makes decisions in an environment which is largely non routine, unpredictable and complex
- With the ever changing regulatory environment, keep watching the product offering and assess the impact of such changes to the processes followed for processing Card related transactions
- Actively provide input for process improvements and ability to sponsor automation and implementation of end state process
- Evaluate the changes to Card product offerings and relate the necessity to enhance the TP systems in line with such changes
- To explore automation opportunity with respect to the changes in Business environment so that the processes followed with respect to Card financial processing are accurate at all times
- Ability to translate process feature into system functionality.
- To evaluate the TP systems time to time and ensure that enhancements are recommended as and when there are changes in the Business environment so that the cards financial processing with respect to recoveries, loan set up, Rewards redemption etc are accurate without any manual intervention
- Takes well informed risks to pursue activities with a superior return
- Take calculated risks so that the Returns of such calculated risks are high
Operational risk Management:
- Determines resources that will be required to achieve future projects and strategies.
- Analyses business trends and recognize the risk element in the changed patterns.
- Differentiates the changed patterns at a transactional and at a business level.
- Able to control over-management of processes on account of fear of failure
- Develops a set of tools and techniques and drives their application and strives to develop and upgrade the tools used
- Forecasts future business activities, future system requirements.
- Ensure deeper understanding of transaction processing risks and provide management intervention
- Understand the Risk Dynamics, Global pressure points, stress in Market environment, Risk on global macro economics and its impact on operations
- Understand and implement the Group risk management policies, processes and structures
- Able to identify and assimilate the scope of complex risks in order to create central risk management policies and procedures.
- Highlight to Management and stakeholders business risk, evaluate impact and design/ execute actions to mitigate same.
- Ability to involve other business functions in resolving/ mitigating risk issues
- Understands and ensures awareness business policies, standard procedures and best practices
- Active management of operational losses and provide a sustainable fix
- Executes tasks and assignments accurately within team and self
- Possesses ability to differentiate between quality and excellence in the real time BAU activities
- Able to provide solutions and ideas to bring down errors.
- Create an error free culture by leveraging behavioral recognition, system requirements and other pressure points
- Create a collaborative mindset towards driving quality work
- Takes ownership of team goals and organizational goals in addition to their own
- Good understanding of customer’s requirements and what's generally offered by other similar set-ups.
- Able to generate improvement ideas from indicators and drive the team to achieve same.
- Is able to network with customers and able to manage expectations
- Is able to serve customer with high quality service within boundaries of policies and procedures without compromising on mandated procedures and able to convince customers on exceptions
- Is courageous to communicate to the customer on negative trends of service and actual root causes
- Shares critical information in a timely and effective manner
- Possess ability to understand differences in the target audience and accordingly modifies the communication style across differing cultures.
- Possess negotiation skills to achieve common goals.
- Be spontaneous in communication and handle criticisms effectively
- Displays ability to train on communication skills
- Able to identify and highlight both obvious and underlying problems and identify/implement actions to resolve same.
- Able to guide team members in managing problems and apply controls to minimize recurrence
- Able to handle conflicts through negotiation, collaboration and accommodation
- Uses tools such as flow charts, Fish Diagram, etc to disclose meaningful patterns in data
- Be sensitive to cultural differences so that there are no conflicts based on diversity
- Drives an environment for finding solutions
- Take courageous decision
- Mentors others to be solution oriented
- Involve stakeholders in managing issues
- Risk Takers and push back, when warranted
- Know your stakeholders and their goals
- Instill in your team a customer centric approach and develop a no-tolerance approach toward sloppy customer interactions
- Constantly engage stakeholders in any changes envisaged and Manage expectations and concerns
- Able to deliver meaningful MIS on areas of vital interest to stakeholders
- Be a central bridge between stakeholders and the team
- Serving on committees with members from across different functions
- Attending professional / trade association meetings
- Sponsors and develops (e.g. coaches, mentors) key employees to build bench strength and ensure adequate succession planning
- Ability to ensure people engagement as evidenced by My Voice. Ability to negotiate performance ratings and have courageous conversations.
- Ability to work with matrix reporting relationship
- Develops short and long term career development plans with employees
- Builds teams using appropriate structures e.g. cross-functional, project team
- Successfully identifies, develops and retains talented individuals. Allocate resources effectively to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of a unit
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and encourage positive self regulation of ethical behaviour.
- Develops and implements strategies to build the capability and performance of employees at team and Business Unit levels
- Uses diversity as a strategic tool for business
Able to contribute to the design of business process change and facilitate the changes required
- Creates clear accountability for change in measurable terms and integrates it into performance management
- Clearly communicates and develops shared reasons for change initiatives, mobilizes commitment, introduces changes to systems and structures and actively monitors progress
- Analyses and evaluates the success, failure and risk in the change process at a business or country level
- Able to convince others of the need to change and instill in team the sense of urgency for change
Financial and Budgetary Management:
- Good understanding of project management concepts
- Able to lead a large-scale project team
- Able to interact with parties outside the team to pursue actions and able vary actions , change directions depending on progress of the project without compromising project deliverables
- Able to liaise with all stakeholders and teams working on the project in terms of influencing project outcomes
- Ability to initiate projects by projecting cost benefit analysis
- Optimizes performance across the program value chain, functionally and technically.
- Conducts ongoing analysis of the project so that each investment can be monitored for its relative contribution to business goals.
- Applies internal financial processes/systems effectively (e.g. planning expenses and allocating funds appropriately, processing invoices, control
- Takes a stand on control reports and justifies deviations from budget
- Ability to contribute ideas to influence trends which create sustainable cost advantages and scale efficiencies
Strategy Formulation & Implementation:
- Analyses business trends and recognize the risk element in the changed patterns.
- Ability to plan ahead and balance load, based on the information in the trends and patterns within the department.
- Ability to justify the various activities of the department projecting cost benefit analysis
- Ability to consolidate the trends and patterns from various sub units and present it to the senior management.
- Ability to question the analysis performed by the team so that meaningful outcomes can be arrived to take business decisions
- Ability to know when to stop analysis and start acting. Avoid "Analysis Paralysis "
- Has a good understanding of what the strategies and tactical goals of the organization are
- Able to execute given actions that will contribute towards achieving business strategies
- Provides ground level inputs to fit for purpose plans and upward feedback as a reality check for implementation
- Able to drive business goals among team members as per action plan and timelines percolated down
- Builds informal relationships across units to ensure best implementation processes are used and to reduce duplication
QUALIFICATIONS - B. Com, BBA, BBM, BA Economics
Greater than 11 years of experience
- People Management Skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Communication skills
- Multi Tasking
- Decision Making
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.