- Install, configure, test, manage and monitor all systems in production including operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Implement and maintain monitoring and alerting.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with client IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Analyze code check ins and communicate detailed reviews to development teams to ensure a marked improvement in timely completion of projects.
Required Skills and Experience
- You have 1+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent systems-engineering role.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Apache, Tomcat, NGINX)
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box, Kubernetes)
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g nagios)
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Strong command of software-automation production systems (Jenkins and Selenium).
- Experience in Git, Github, Gitlabs
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- You can maintain Java web applications.
- You have a working knowledge of databases and SQL (Structured Query Language).
- Only immediately available candidates may apply.