Avnet Embedded supplies the full range of standard embedded modules - From simple built-in displays to full custom-built data center server solutions - as well as customized module designs to suit any product or application. Whatever technologies customers need to give their product the competitive advantage, Avnet Integrated can support with design, configuration, manufacturing and installation.
The Health, Safety and Environmental Officer is a strategic role within Avnet Embedded (Malta) Ltd.
We are looking for candidates to perform reporting, risk assessments and auditing of HSE related activities and policies. The right candidate shall ensure that operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner while meeting the current safety standards and legislation.
The selected candidate is expected to work closely with management to perform post-incident investigations, implement corrective actions and continual improvement. Likely to be either a specialist within a particular focus area for HSE.
The chosen individual shall report to the Health, Safety and Environment manager and the main duties shall be the following:
- Maintaining ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 management systems (MSs)
- Documenting procedures, work instructions and training documents
- Implementing continuous improvement program
- Following status of corrective/preventive actions
- Issuing of PPE and monitoring its use
- Carrying out risk assessments and assisting in audits/internal audits related to both MSs
- Participating in management reviews and chairing the H&S committee meetings on a quarterly basis
- Collaborating with management within sister companies to integrate the MSs over the Avnet group
- Being responsible for the waste management program
- Carrying out any internal training related to MSs as required
- Carrying out routine inspections and monitoring of contractor works
- Liaising with regulatory authorities to ensure compliance with mandatory regulations
- Assisting in any other relevant tasks as required by the management
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Team player
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of management practices
- Good knowledge of MS Office including Excel
- Organizational skills
- Tertiary level education
- Goal-driven with ability to work under pressure
- Conversant with Health Safety and Environment legislation
- Might require travelling.
The ideal candidate must be responsible, diligent, and able to work both as team member and independently, on own initiative, with minimum supervision to meet the set targets. The ability to understand industrial processes and analysis of complex data is considered as an asset.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center in your region: Americas applicants – firstname.lastname@example.org , Asia applicants - email@example.com , EMEA applicants - hrnow.EMEA@avnet.eu .
Job Applicant EMEA Imprints