ASEAN & South Asia-India-Chennai
About Standard Chartered :
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Knowledge and Experience
- The enthusiasm/ability to read, understand, interpret and summarise regulations/rules/circulars/directives is absolutely essential.
- Good organisation skills, an attention to detail and an enquiring mind are essential.
- Experience of working on regulatory projects a significant benefit
- We require an individual who will not necessarily take an explanation at face value but will have the type of personality who will challenge or question in a professional manor.
- The candidate must be able to articulate clearly any question or explanation to a cross section of individuals. The ability to document in a concise and clear fashion is also essential.
- Previous experience of contributing/ providing content for Business Requirements documents is essential.
- Communication skills are required for this role. The ability to build up a rapor with individuals and establish a network of SCB resources is key.
- The ability to work as part of a team or work on an individual basis with limited supervision is essential. The individual must be able to tailor their working methods. Most projects are run in a structured fashion but on occasion flexibility is required.
- Experience of operating in a regulatory BAU environment would be beneficial as many of the EPO projects on the horizon are regulatory orientated.
- The ability to work directly with Operations and Business teams to understand current processes so that Regulatory implications can be determined or process improvements can be suggested is required.
- The ability to run/take part in workshops with Legal, Compliance, Operations and Business etc so that requirements can be documented is required.
- Experience of previously working as a Business Analysts is essential
- The ability to perform in-depth statistical analysis for project prioritisation is essential.
- The ability to work to Project Plan deadlines is required.
- Previous Involvement in Unit Acceptance Testing (UAT) for a project delivery would be beneficial.
- Good Numerical/Business Degree Pass
- Analyse and gain a detailed level understanding of Regulatory themes/rules
- Be involved with workshops with Compliance, Operations etc so that Business Requirements can be documented.
- Document the decisions taken in the workshops re the interpretation of the rules and the Operational, Business impact.
- Document Actions from the workshops and assist with the tracking of the deliverables.
- Prepare Gap Analysis, Business Requirements Documents and Project Approval Requests
- Work closely with SME experts in various areas of the business gaining an understanding of their processes.
- Work closely with other members of the European Project Office/PMO team utilizing their knowledge and experience.
- Document and raise any Risks and Issues to the Project Manager / Senior Business Analyst.
- Take part in project testing cycles and assist with the preparation of test packs.
- Work closely with Compliance and Operational risk to map rules and obligations with processes and controls.
- Support implementation and of new/updated processes to BAU to ensure regulatory change requirements are embedded in the operating procedures
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions. Job Description – Regulatory Business Analyst
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.